Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No drill fish finder mount

for the ride 135 and the slide trax.

I am just waiting for the snow and ice to melt so I can use it.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Looks like a nice quick remove setup.

I am planning to install my ff soon but I'm going with a drill and duct seal hull mount for the transducer.

When you build the battery box should the fuse go inside to keep it dry as well? My fuse housing doesn't look waterproof. I don't plan on getting water in the hull but better safe than sorry.
    Mike

Comment

Yes, best to protect the fuse from moisture. Not because it will short out, but because water will corrode and ruin it. Its quite damp inside a kayak most times.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

Comment

What humminbird model is that? I had a piranhamax 170 that I wired to run off rechargeable AA's to lighten up the load instead of those heavier SLA batteries. I had 8 rechargeables that sat in a radio shack cradle that had a 9 volt style clip for power. Those batteries could run the fishfinder for 10 hours straight no problem. I really like your transducer mount and might consider doing the same on my tarpon -- nice work

Comment

Its the 190. I figure I will eventually upgrade to DSI and wanted the in water transducer. I did not want to go with a scupper as I fish in the Upper Potomac a lot and it would catch rock ledges. Plus I want this off the yak during hunting season, or to be able too. It does not matter what batteries you use as long as they are 12volt.

Comment

Very nice! I have a Ride 135, with a FF, I'll need to do the same.

So, for the parts list:

Outdoor brand dry box -- From Walmart, camping section.

Hopkins Power Plug -- From auto parts store.

Transducer deployment arm ( 3/4″ square tubing available at Lowes or Home Depot)

For a few questions:

Stopper plug -- Where is a good place to get this?

Other wires, fuse, etc: Radio shack??

Best Regards,
            Stan
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Lowes has a better selection for the hardware drawers. This is where you can get the stopper plug and the thumb screw nut.

The auto parts store and radio shack should both have fuse holders and 1a or 2amp fuses should be fine.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions for a first time (budget) fish finder that will go well on the yak?
                Yellow Pompano 120

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                  Anyone have any suggestions for a first time (budget) fish finder that will go well on the yak?
                  Humminbird PiranhaMAX is a good place to start, they have a few different models.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                  X