OK Trident 13 Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Trident 13 Users

In the market for a new fish finder for my Trident 13. I know the molded scupper is designed for a humminbird transducer. Looking for some input. Should I stay humminbird since the Trident is designed for it? Would a Lowrance transducer fit well? Leaving the transducer in when beaching it, will it ruin the transducer?

Not sure if anyone has experience and input, but if you do I would greatly appreciate it.
    Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
    Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

I have a lowrance transducer in a Trident 13, it fits fine with their scupper kit. I beach my kayak all the time but the transducer does stick out some. I always lean to one side or when sliding it up the beach, i lift the front. No problems so far.
    Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Comment

Originally posted by wschrack View Post
      I have a lowrance transducer in a Trident 13, it fits fine with their scupper kit. I beach my kayak all the time but the transducer does stick out some. I always lean to one side or when sliding it up the beach, i lift the front. No problems so far.
      You prefer Lowrance over humminbird?
      Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
      Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Comment

I have a Hummingbird 500 series color. I mounted it on the Mod Pod so it is closer to me. I use the FF Shield area for storage. I mounted the transducer in the hull with the Dum Dum well and it works great.

John
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I do like the lowrance units better then HB. I think they have better maps. I have the dual sounder and GPS. I use the shield area; at the moment I can still see and reach it there, but I think I will be moving to the mod pod eventually. (elite-4)
          Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Comment

Never had any problems with the humminbird transducer, not while beaching it or banging it into various rocks and what not. Looking at updating my fish finder from the cheap pirannamax I have, but a wide range or models work with that transducer. Don't forget to but the finder first and ship back the transducer that comes with the one you buy for the free swap. I made the mistake of buying them separately.
            John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
            Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I used my Humminbird both on the boat and on the yak. I had two different transducers and never had a problem. Their mount fits fine on the mod pod and will fold flat if you have to self save and re-board.

John
              John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
              MK Endura Max 55 backup power
              Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I don't have a Trident, but I do have an Ocean Kayak with a HB FF using the transducer scupper. I have had 0 issues with beaching my yak. To be honest, I forget that I even have the thing there. I have run aground on submerged rocks, slid onto boat ramps, dragged it across beaches. No problems. It sits really nicely in the scupper cut out.

Comment

Working...
                X