Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket foot braces for Jackson Kayaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket foot braces for Jackson Kayaks?

I was wondering if any one knew of any aftermarket foot braces for my Big Tuna that are bigger? I'm not quite satisfied with the stock size, they are a bit small for my feet.
    Martin

2013 Jackson Kayak Big Tuna

Hi, I mentioned it to Jackson technicians that bigger foot braces might be desirable,when I was at the factory in December . Rich
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

The Sea-lect's have a bigger foot area. They will fit the Jackson's. You can check them out at bass pro on the wall behind the kayaks. I just put them on my cuda, to steer the trolling motor, but they are also lockable. I agree, the stock pegs are very uncomfortable and small. I haven't used my yak yet with the new pegs, but the tests have felt more comfortable. One note however, if you want the pegs to be fully slide able on the track, for a trolling motor, the front screws on the track have to be lifted higher , i.e another hole. You can use the existing hole, but the slide is really tight , at least on the cuda.

Ps, the front screws on the cuda, are lock-tite in with a a screw receiver molded in to yak. The rear foot peg tracks have a nut inside.
      Last edited by Buzzy.i.am; 03-17-2014, 09:15 PM.
      Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

Thanks Y'all, I just had time to get back to this post. As I have a rudder, they would definitely need to slide in the track. I will check those out Buzzy, thanks!!
        Martin

Comment

Rich, how was the factory visit? I'm going to be down there in September, I would like to stop in and be nosy!
          Martin

Comment

The jackson factory is very impressive , you might even get to see a prototype of the new boat the kracken which is for ocean surf launching , it was still on paper when I was there . They are trying to develop boats for the current market . Call and set up your visit with Ian, Rich
            Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
            Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Working...
            X