Anchor Trip links for kayaks and dingy's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor Trip links for kayaks and dingy's

I stumbled across this video on a release device for anchors that are stuck on an object. I know that people use Plastic ties and other weak link items to put into the anchor chain. The selling point seems to be that you can adjust the breaking point of the link. I looks like this item is sold mostly in the UK and or sold on ebay. I'm not sure of this has already been posted and if so sorry for being late to the party.
    http://youtu.be/BYuUksj0L3c

I stopped anchoring since I fish in the Severn and the bay where the water moves fast. I never felt comfortable anchoring and figured the risk wasn't worth the benefits. I haven't noticed any decrease in the number of fish I catch.

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I saw the video last year when I was researching info about anchors and quick releases.
      The only thing I don't like about it is if it fails... that is doesn't release as a safety measure.

If I use zip ties... I know they are going to break if I yank the anchor hard enough... in an emergency situation.

I almost always carry an anchor. And extra zip ties... I use the smallest zip ties and double or triple them up
      depending on how "strong" I want the quick release to be.

Comment

Working...
      X