electronic advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronic advice needed

Hi guys, I'm installing a elite 5 on my rig and the instructions are a bit vague. For the power wires the black to negative and red to fuse to positive, obviously but there's also a Yellow that the diagram says N/C. Thats got me a little confused as well there is another set of wires labeled data cable that I've got no idea about. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    -Dan Goddard, 2014 desert camo Jackson Big Rig

I think it's for hooking multiple devices into a controller. You can male a mini LAN interconnecting a bunch of sensors/gauges etc to show on the screen. I think Lowrance uses the same connectors and wires for different DFrs

Comment

So do you think I can just tape those wires up until I need them?

Comment

The data cable is so you can display GPS on your FF. The yellow I don't know about.

John
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

When I installed a new power cable on my Slayer Propel, I found that the power cable comes with two separate cable strands (my FF/GPS is an older unit but it uses the same power cord as the Lowrance HDS-5). One strand contains the power leads – the other contains several colored wires for electronic networking. This allows complex installations on power boats, but is not needed for this FF/GPS installation. I placed a wire nut over that strand and did not use it further.

The strand with the power leads has three thin wires – red, black, and yellow. The yellow wire is not needed. I stripped off half an inch of insulation from the red and black wires. Lowrance recommends installing an inline fuse on their electronics. They included a fuse holder. I spliced that into the red wire.

011.jpg
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            When I installed a new power cable on my Slayer Propel, I found that the power cable comes with two separate cable strands (my FF/GPS is an older unit but it uses the same power cord as the Lowrance HDS-5). One strand contains the power leads – the other contains several colored wires for electronic networking. This allows complex installations on power boats, but is not needed for this FF/GPS installation. I placed a wire nut over that strand and did not use it further.

The strand with the power leads has three thin wires – red, black, and yellow. The yellow wire is not needed. I stripped off half an inch of insulation from the red and black wires. Lowrance recommends installing an inline fuse on their electronics. They included a fuse holder. I spliced that into the red wire.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11233[/ATTACH]
            Perfect explanation. You should send this to Lowrance so they can start including it in their instructions. Thank you very much.

Comment

I have an Elite 5 DSI and a Elite 4 . The red wire goes to + terminal, (Install inline fuse between both, I used a 7 amp in a waterproof fuse holder. The holder is in battery box for extra protection), the black to ground _ terminal. On my units the power leads combine with the transducer leads cable and they go to the plug that attached to the head of the FF. As others said, you can just cap off the Yellow.
              Hurricane Skimmer 128
              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
              X