No announcement yet.

Well well well, got a surprise from Humminbird today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said... The power of social media.

Comment

Yeah.... took a couple of posts for me. A very nice southern belle called me at home to honor the free exchange. Got it today in fact.

I was just out in the garage installing it. If I can sneak away for a few hours this weekend I hope to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
        Yeah.... took a couple of posts for me. A very nice southern belle called me at home to honor the free exchange. Got it today in fact.

I was just out in the garage installing it. If I can sneak away for a few hours this weekend I hope to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Where did you end up installing the display? I am undecided. Thinking about the sonar shield, on the mod pod with a ram mount, or on a gear trac with a ram mount. Also did you drill holes in your yak or doing a drill-free installation? Just noticed you had a OK Torque and wanted to pick your brain about it.
        Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
        Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Comment

Originally posted by assists21 View Post
          Where did you end up installing the display? I am undecided. Thinking about the sonar shield, on the mod pod with a ram mount, or on a gear trac with a ram mount. Also did you drill holes in your yak or doing a drill-free installation? Just noticed you had a OK Torque and wanted to pick your brain about it.
          The sonar shield is a good spot. I have the Torque Classic which doesn't have any of the angler features... no sonar shield... no mod pod. I have a large flat area just behind the forward hatch, but I wanted something more within reach. I chose to mount mine to a cutting board that I notched to fit the battery cover.

IMG_0954.jpgIMG_0956.jpg

I ground everything down flush on the bottom. Once I have the cable properly routed through the boat I'll be able to leave it strapped on during transport. Until then the cable and the mount will stow in the bow.
          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

finally got my scupper ducer from HB in the mail, mounted it up, was worth the wait. I'll take some pics soon so you guys can see the setup with the ram mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by billd View Post
              finally got my scupper ducer from HB in the mail, mounted it up, was worth the wait. I'll take some pics soon so you guys can see the setup with the ram mounts.
              Definitely want to see your setup
              Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
              Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Comment

Working...
              X