Anchor Trolley Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor Trolley Question

I am trying to use the existing hardware on my new OK trident 13. Do you guys think my trolley goes far enough forward and to the rear, or should it go farther? I have it temporarily rigged just so you all could see it. Any opinions would be appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
    Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Will it work? yes.

Is it optimal. No. You'll always be a little sideways, exposing more plastic for the water to push against, so it may be harder to stay perfectly anchored.

But it will be fine for most situations I think, as long as there isn;t too much current (in which case you may want to reconsider anchoring anyway).
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

First off... that is a beautiful kayak... I really love those colors.
      I am not sure where you will be fishing... but if you are any where near the bay
      on the water with lots of boat traffic... please be very careful that people won't see you.
      Maybe a flag on a pole or something.
      I'm quite the newbie here... and there has been much discussion with being noticed on the water and kayak colors and safety. So please take this comment with no malice because I do really love the color of your kayak.

As to the anchor trolley, I like the way you used the elastic cord concept to mount... maybe you saw the same YuToob vid as I did.. because that's how I have mine mounted.

I think in the long run you will much prefer extending the attachment point way further front and aft.... the closer to the front and aft you can be comfortable with the better for aligning the kayak against waves and current.

You wanted an "opinion".... so in my opinion... I wouldn't use those locations to anchor for a strong current or being under the Bay Bridge and have a large boat toss waves across you. Even on a windy day you will notice the difference being more directly pointed "less" sideways from your existing set up.

Beautiful kayak...

Comment

+1

I have to agree. If you are in current or strong wind you will want something closer to the bow and stern.

It looks like you might be able to create attach points where the handles are.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
        X