Battery on it's side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery on it's side

When using a sealed battery for my FF, is there any issue using and/or storing the battery on it's side? I don't think it can leak since it's sealed, but I wasn't sure. Also, didn't know if being on its side would reduce its power or longevity. Thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

If it is a AGM type battery then it can safely be operated on its side. Hobie's battery tray shows it with agm battery on side and Hook1 has battery install page with battery on side in box.

Comment

I have used my 12v on its side for the last 2 years and never had any issues.
      Shane
      Hobie Outback

Comment

If its not a top off battery like Marine batteries for boats or says sealed lead acid. It is most likely a AGM battery and yes you can. I do some custom applications at work and put the seal batteries on their sides all the time so i can get 4 into a cabinet.
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

SLA or sealed lead acid batteries have no fluid in them as it is in the mats between the plates in the battery. You can use them in any position without worry about them spilling acid.

John
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Sounds unanimous..on the side it goes.
            Thanks,
            Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X