Elevated seat for an Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevated seat for an Outback

30 Miles Out has a thread on their FB page about using a cheap beach chair for an Outback seat:

Video that goes a little more into it, still lacks some info...but a good starting point if you need to get up higher. I think I'd be more interested in a seat for the tank well so I could get my daughter comfortable back there and the rudder back in the water.

Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Pretty cool. This is a derivative of a seat idea the Coop1486 saw on the Internet using a stadium seat. He tried it but it did not work out very well using the stadium seat. I pushed him up to close to his center hatch and his mirage drive making it too hard to peddle form a compressed position. I guess the beach chair works out better?

Comment

Saw this thread a couple months ago and purchased the seat and it fits the outback perfectly and built very strong! Unfortunately I never got any farther than just test fitting it but it really fits perfect and could be strapped down easily. I planned on trying it as is since i mostly fish calm water but the OP cut his down to sit lower.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/9131...tback-seat-diy

Heres the amazon link for it. Looks like the price came down again...lol. I paid $48 for mine but its a nice seat and the flap on the front could hold some gear as well.
      Just sold my outback so have no need for the seat anymore. If anyones interested I'll sell it for $30. Shoot me a pm.

http://www.amazon.com/Browning-Campi.../dp/B003AV6CO4
      Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 05-12-2014, 03:47 AM.
      2013 PRO ANGLER 12
      2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Guess I will checking out walmart in the next few weeks for a perfect fit....I had my dauhter with me this weekend in the outback...up front on the bow..turned the foot well into a live well, with her behind me, it turned the rear area into a live well and I was practically laying down while peddling. Surprisingly enough, I still had plenty of manuervability while doubled up (Cowpokey style) This idea will work. After sitting in the ascend's chair, I can see and feel the benefits of the slight elevation.
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

I checked Dicks sporting goods. They had an Outfitter turkey chair. It looked similar to the browning. It is wider and will not work.
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

Got my chair in today. Have to secure it so it doesn't slide back, but it is nice. Looking forward to taking it for a ride.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

Hobie Outback
              Stand Up Paddle Board
              Pelican 100

Comment

Found a bungee cord with S hooks that work nicely to keep it from sliding back, but let it rest on the bottom.

Hobie Outback
                Stand Up Paddle Board
                Pelican 100

Comment

Fits like a glove doesn't it!
                  And the build quality on those is excellent imo.

You only did one thing wrong. You should have bought mine and saved some money....lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
                  2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                  2013 Cuda 12

Comment

I thought about it, but I got free shipping and I don't think we live too close to each other. I'm sure someone else will grab it shortly. I hope to get out for a few hours this weekend to test it out.

Hobie Outback
                    Stand Up Paddle Board
                    Pelican 100

Comment

Looks good clm.

Now the BIG Question.... can a similar mod be adapted to the Ocean Kayak?
                      Hmmmmmmmmm......
                      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

On my ocean kayak I cut pool noodles into strips and lashed them together with bungee and put them under the seat. Keeps me from sitting in the water anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
                          On my ocean kayak I cut pool noodles into strips and lashed them together with bungee and put them under the seat. Keeps me from sitting in the water anyway.
                          That sounds like a good alternative. I've been thinking about getting a foam turkey seat. Something like this: http://www.basspro.com/Hunt-Comfort-...2051505194245/ I actually had one in my hand the other day...then saw the $50 price tag, and carefully put it back on the shelf....really fifty bucks for a piece of foam with some camo wrapped around it?
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

You could always use a boat throwable flotation cushion. They are 2.5" thick if thats all you want to sit up higher.
                            They are cheap and if you turtle and not wearing your life jacket you have a flotation device right under your butt.
                            west marine has them on sale right now too.

http://www.westmarine.com/west-marin...ns--P010981645
                            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                            X