New PA owner with a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PA owner with a few questions

Sold my outback and a tarpon 100 this weekend and bought Pinch's Pro Angler 12. Cant wait to get that out on the water soon. Hoping to splash it next weekend. It'll be nice to finally be able to stand and fish. Been wanting a PA ever since the 12 footer came out. Its an outback on steroids...lol.

Wondering what other PA owners are using for a cart. I had a DIY PVC cart that was reinforced with steel tubing inside and it has worked great for the outback and probably would have been fine with the PA too but I let it go with the outback and I dont feel like building another one.

I was looking at the hobie HD cart and love the pin at the top to lock it in but dang they are expensive. Is the difference between the standard cart ($122) and the HD cart ($162) just the difference in wheels? Is the frame the same? If so I can get the cheaper version and get some better wheels from harbour frieght probably. Or is the standard carts wheels good enough. I almost pulled the trigger on the HD cart from ACK and use the 15% off code but the coupon is no good for that item unfortunately.

Any other carts out there good for the PA?
    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
    2013 Cuda 12

Hey CR I hope this helps you this is from the hobie page and explains the difference in the wheels and the construction of the plug in frame.
    http://www.hobiecat.com/accessories/carts/

Comment

Go with the heavy duty 1 ...... I believe there is a capacity difference too ... The PA is heavy and even those break under the PA

Comment

I was lucky enough to have my HD cart thrown in for free when I bought mine from BYB. Like others have said go with the heavy duty cart, it is meant to handle the extra weight of the PA and the wheels are a lot more rugged.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
          I almost pulled the trigger on the HD cart from ACK and use the 15% off code but the coupon is no good for that item unfortunately.
          Their code isn't good for anything Hobie, or a few manufacturers...they have it in the small print. I was hoping to use it for turbo fins and sailing rudder...no bueno.

I think the Hobie cart frame is the same for all models (correct me if I'm wrong), just different wheels. I went with the heavy duty version for my Outback, the standard wheels are probably fine, but they look flimsy in comparision.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            Their code isn't good for anything Hobie, or a few manufacturers...they have it in the small print. I was hoping to use it for turbo fins and sailing rudder...no bueno.

I think the Hobie cart frame is the same for all models (correct me if I'm wrong), just different wheels. I went with the heavy duty version for my Outback, the standard wheels are probably fine, but they look flimsy in comparision.
            Come to backyard boats for the rigging seminar Tuesday and there a good chance it will be discounted that night only.

Comment

Dealing with the afterwork traffic from here to Annapolis makes that unpossible.
              Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
              Come to backyard boats for the rigging seminar Tuesday and there a good chance it will be discounted that night only.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                Dealing with the afterwork traffic from here to Annapolis makes that unpossible.
                Call and see if Dennis can honor the seminar special for you.

Comment

Just saw this on another kayak fishing site:

http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com...?topic=13132.0

Don't know the details; like how much weight was on the cart, but it confirms my suspicion that the standard wheels are weak.
                  Last edited by Cowpokey; 05-12-2014, 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Cant make the seminar cause im working 4pm - 2am this week but I do have to stop by BYB to pick up a COA and a paddle. Maybe he will give me the discount if I mention it. HD cart will be what I get.
                    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Ive been using the Hobie trax2 cart for soft sand and it is fantastic.
                      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

All my carting so far has been on grass and pavement mostly but I'm sure as I expand my fishing areas it get rougher terrain and sandy beaches.
                        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

If anyone has done a trolling motor setup on their pa I would love to see some pics.
                          2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                          2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Here is my set up. Copied from some one on the forum. Torqueedo motor. Used turn buckles, snaps and weed eater line from Lowes. Ground out a couple groves under the black cover for the weed eater line to slide through.torqeedo rig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by groundhog View Post
                              Here is my set up. Copied from some one on the forum. Torqueedo motor. Used turn buckles, snaps and weed eater line from Lowes. Ground out a couple groves under the black cover for the weed eater line to slide through.[ATTACH=CONFIG]11802[/ATTACH]
                              So you steering the trolling motor and rudder with the rudder control? That's awesome!
                              Does that cause any problems when the motor is pulled up? Is the rudder control a lot harder to move when turning both?
                              2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                              X