Rod Holder Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet View Post
    ive been using these rocket launchers i made: http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...Launcher-Build

i was thinking of installing round scotty flush mounts and scotty tubes behind the seat. see the pics below. anybody see any advantages, dissadvantages, or problems with using the scotty? the awkward shape of the rocket launchers make it a PITA to store in the car with my other stuff when car topping. no tso much when in the back of my truck bed. one thing i like about the rocket launchers is that it keeps from my seat sliding back. not really sure why i'm considering this route instead so looking for your thoughts.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12013[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12014[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12015[/ATTACH]
    Jet, Post locking is the way to go for larger fish. Id recommend the scotty locking flush mount. If you go Ram then you will need to push lock ram mounts but they do not have a flush option.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
      I used mine for the first time yesterday. I was not overly impressed. They kept wanting to sag no matter how tight I made them.
      I haven't had a problem with mine but I do use them at an odd angle which probably helps me. I have not hook into any real large fish with them yet it is my first year trolling with rods mounted in front of me. I did test there strength by snagging a pier which turned me around and the ram mounts held strong. Scotty mount don't allow the angle I need to keep from hitting the tube on my forward stroke I started with scotty tubes I might still switch to a rod holder over a ram tube and see if that works better
      D Hawk
      Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
      Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Working...
      X