Looking to Put a motor on the back of my Kilroy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Put a motor on the back of my Kilroy

Unlike the other Jackson Kayaks, the kilroy has no built in rod holders that can be utilized for the pre-made trolling motor mounts. Does anyone know of an alternative product that I can use to easily do this. I am not very handy and a novice at modifications. Any help would be great!!!! Thanks in advance

My first electric motor was mounted to a milk crate. I mounted strip, otherwise a piece of starboard to the inside top of the milk crate and drilled it to accept a canoe side mount for an electric motor. I think it was an Old Town canoe mount. It worked great. I then attached the adopted milk crate to the kayak via pad eyes and turnbuckles. Then just attach an electric motor to the mounting board. I had a rudder on the kayak, so I would tighten down the locking bolt on the electric motor and steer with the rudder. I would also place the battery in the milk crate. It made quite a compact adaptation. If I can find the milk crate, I will post some pictures. However, that has been quite a while ago, so the rig may have been discarded.

Comment

Check the bassyak website they have a few pictures of a Kilroy with a trolling motor attached

Comment

Do you think a canoe motor mount would work for your Kilroy?

motor.jpg
        2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I looked at the canoe mount when I had a kilroy but i wasnt confident.

Bassyaks has the best possible way

JASPRAT was going to help me build and weld a bracket and try and make our own bassyaks version.

Maybe talk to him see what he can weld up for you
          Zach Moore
          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Here is Gylian's 9.5 foot with a slightly modified Bass Pro kayak mount and 30lb MinnKotta troller:
            IMG_3532.jpg

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas

Comment

Working...
              X