Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Marine Cayman 11.5

Good day all,

Recently I saw a new kayak made by perception and marketed by West Marine called the Cayman. It is a SOT that runs 11 and a half feet and has a capacity of 500 pounds. I was only able to find one review on line and it was generally not positive, which I found surprising as I have owned two Perception kayaks in the past and have generally been very pleased with their build and their performance. Has anyone been on this kayak or do you know someone who owns one? Thanks, PUNGOMD
    Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140

I ran across the kayak on youtube the other month, the user didn't give a review but showed off the kayak top and bottom. I don't know how active the guy is on youtube, but I guess you could always shoot him a message on if he likes the kayak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5SBqLzv5fw
    Tan-Tarpon 140
    Lime-Pelican Matrix
    Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

I saw this one at West Marine also and was looking for any reviews on it and could not find any at their web site. I looked at Dick's Sporting goods and they have the exact same Kayak called "Perception Sport Striker" and their reviews were all very good. This made me wonder how both companies could sell the same Kayak with different names. West Marine's was $549 and Dick's was $499 but West Marine has a $100 gift card with it for fathers day! I would like to know how it handles also, from what I have been reading once it has been "wet" Dick's will not take it back. Any Information will be Appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X