Transducer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transducer Question

I'm thinking of getting a fish finder for my Big Tuna. I installed a plexi glass cover over the live well so my son could see under the yak when we're out. I'm wondering if I can mount a transducer underneath the plexi glass. There's a 6.5 inch drop from the glass. I would rather mount it to the plexi through the live well instead of having to adjust it every time we hit shallow water. I'm looking for any thoughts or recommendations before I start drilling. And by the way, I'm new to the site and would like to say hello....
    Attached Files

No need to drill or block your glass. Do a wet well through the hull using duct seal. The only holes you make would be for wiring.
    Mike

Comment

With the transducer being mounted inside the live well, do you think the walls of the live well would prevent the transducer from working correctly??

Comment

Originally posted by verdeda View Post
        With the transducer being mounted inside the live well, do you think the walls of the live well would prevent the transducer from working correctly??
        no, .....you do have a unique opportunity with that particular boat. you can drill through that plexiglass to your hearts content with no threat to your boat since it is in the livewell. Worst thing that could possibly happen is you have to go buy more plexiglass. I'll bet duct seal, some of those epoxy putties and of course silicone caulk will seal your holes. Silicone does not like to stick to poly kayaks but it should stick to plexiglass like crazy.

I say go for it.....you may have given Jackson a new marketing point for the big tuna!
        Cant wait to see what you do!!
        Last edited by kevinfry; 06-14-2014, 10:17 AM.
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
        X