Larger rudder for PA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger rudder for PA?

I remember seeing a couple guys were trying to fit a larger rudder on their PA's. Any luck with that? Does it help handling?
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

I picked up a new rudder today from BYB. It does not look significantly different than the original. Based on what I'd read elsewhere I was assuming it was going to be huge. I'll let you know how it works.
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
      I picked up a new rudder today from BYB. It does not look significantly different than the original. Based on what I'd read elsewhere I was assuming it was going to be huge. I'll let you know how it works.
      Please take a picture of the rudders laying side by side when you do the swap so we can get an idea of the differance in size...TIA.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        Please take a picture of the rudders laying side by side when you do the swap so we can get an idea of the differance in size...TIA.
        Will do
        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

The new is about an inck longer and an inch wider, adding a lot of new surface area. I passed on comparrison pics due to an approaching storm, just finished in time. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but one thing is noticable. Even when retracted, the new rudder is still a bit below the bottom line. Anyone whe drags the boat will need to be aweare of this.

dsiekman, before you start, you'll need short stubby phillips and flat screwdrivers. Took me a lot of searching through my tools to find some. The only difficult part of the process was getting the holes lined up, they're where you can't see them. Looking forward to trying it out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
            dsiekman, before you start, you'll need short stubby phillips and flat screwdrivers. Took me a lot of searching through my tools to find some. The only difficult part of the process was getting the holes lined up, they're where you can't see them. Looking forward to trying it out soon.
            Thanks for the tip!
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
            X