No announcement yet.

Tarpon 120 Rod Holders Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is actually right at the hinge on the center hatch. But yeah it is really only an issue if you are heavier and take it out in rough conditions. I am pretty sure that a blob of duct seal over the front part of the hatch would solve the problem, but you would have to rework the seal every time you open it or just not open it at all.

Selling my tarpon this weekend and made him aware of this hatch issue. Mine is totally water tight otherwise.

Comment

Yes, it seemed to leaking right at the hinge when I did the water hose test.
      John D.
      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
      GO RAVENS!!!
      GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Yeah, I am positive that is where the problem lies. I completely filled my hull with a garden hose to find that out. The only way I could get the water flow to slow down to a trickle was to stand on the hinge and grab the side handle to put additional pressure on it. Very poorly designed. They are coming out with improved hatches on the 2015s, but they look to be only slightly improved versions of the current ones. I am not sure if they fix this issue or not, but that is one of the reasons I am done with Wilderness kayaks for a while.

Comment

Just a note...I love the Tarpon, but I also have a 2015 Hobie on order!!!
          John D.
          2015 Hobie Revolution 13
          GO RAVENS!!!
          GO ORIOLES!!!

Comment

Nice. Which one?

The tarpon hull is awesome, only thing wrong is that stupid hatch design. I do love how the 140 paddles.

Comment

Working...
            X