No announcement yet.

New Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have the Expedition installed on a Revo/Outback?

Comment

After a winning day on the susky, i broke and got the gts. cant wait to try it out. Not a bad deal on it as well up in Marysville PA
      Malibu Stealth 14
      Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

man the GTS seat is very nice tried it out for the first time at wachapreague and kipto fri & saturday. very comfortable with plenty of cushion and back support. put in about 4 hours each day and yak butt was minimal

Comment

I know exactly what you mean...my GTS Expedition seat is very comfortable, too.
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I ended up with the elite gts. Worked out well today and ran into badassbass. Good day till it started raining.
            Malibu Stealth 14
            Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
              man the GTS seat is very nice tried it out for the first time at wachapreague and kipto fri & saturday. very comfortable with plenty of cushion and back support. put in about 4 hours each day and yak butt was minimal
              Did you use it on a Hobie?

How is it for back support?

Comment

THe back support is great. 4 point adjustments makes it very comfortable.
                Malibu Stealth 14
                Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
                  Did you use it on a Hobie?

How is it for back support?
                  took the pegs off the hobie seat and lined them up so they would
                  fit the holes in the seat area worked great. the four point adjustment is fantastic. even had room for the hobie carry bag in the storage area behind the seat

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                    took the pegs off the hobie seat and lined them up so they would
                    fit the holes in the seat area worked great. the four point adjustment is fantastic. even had room for the hobie carry bag in the storage area behind the seat
                    Surf,

You have a Revo, right? Does the GTS Expedition seat interfere with getting into the center hatch? Overall how well does it fit in the seat area? Does it overlap the sides at all? Looks wider than the seating area.

I'm in the market for a good seat. The Hobie seat is ok but I need one to swap to my Cobra as well. I have a cheapo for that and it ain't cutting it at all! If I'm gonna spend the money I'll want to use it on the Hobie as well.

Comment

John it fits perfecly doesnt block access to the hatch at all. i just need to tie up the straps a little better but a good fit

Comment

Can you post some pictures of this Surf?
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Last winter I bought a Skwoosh seat pad that lays on top of my seat. It really helps. As I am typing this in my office, I am sitting on the Skwoosh pad on a wooden chair. Earlier this week, I took my Drifter out and forgot the Skwoosh pad. Within an hour I had butt fatigue. Since the fish were not biting anyway, I had little incentive to stay out longer. I use the Skwoosh pad on both the Drifter (with a Sea to Summit high back seat with built in rod holders) and on the very nice seat on my Manta Ray.
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis
                          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have a skwoosh seat that has that butt pad, but also a back with a pack on it. The butt pad is great, but the back is tough. I'm looking at my options for adding a better seat to the revo. I have a seat from a redfish sitting in my garage that I am going to try to retrofit for the revo, we'll see how it goes. I just wanted to see some pictures of Surf's set up so I can see what he did with the pegs and pins for the pegs...

Skwoosh butt pads are awesome though.
                            Last edited by Redfish12; 07-14-2011, 02:16 PM.
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

After six hours nothing works for me- I have the Surf to Summitt Expedition Elite with a swoosh gel pad on top- very comfortable to start- like sitting in an easy chair but after four hours it starts and after six you gotta get out-
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

i have the hobie inflatable cushion and it helps a lot. my lower back still hurts though after long hours on the water but it is definetly an improvement over just the stock seat. eventually i will upgrade to one of those surf to summit seats, but i dont feel like dropping $200 on a seat now.
                                Hobie Revolution 13
                                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
                                X