Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Rod Pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Rod Pod

HI Fellow Yakker Fishermen, Since I dont use the rodpod to put rods in the hull, i would like to put some type of plastic container to put my tackle boxes in. Is there any container that fits perfectly right in the hull that I can use?

Thanks Buzz what about inside the Rod Pod since I never put any rod in.

Comment

Its not so much of a "perfect fit" container but I don't keep rods in my hatch either. Up front I keep a dry bag with extra sweatshirt, flares, whistle, mirror, towel and fuses. Thats next to the battery. In the rod pod, i think its like two levels, the bottom of the full and a "shelf" on both sides. On one side i keep a spare 2 piece paddle, broken down but the halves tied together with velcro. The are pushed tight between the inside wall of the kayak and a "column" that connect the bottom of the yak to the top. On the other side I attach a large, 1 sided Flambeau lure box. Its pretty big, and I use it for 5+ inch lures. On the bottom of the flambeau i put 4 stripes of velcro. Inside the rod pod, I put 2 long strips of velcro. So, when I'm in the water, I can pull the lure box out and really just drop it back in. It's not going to slide with the velcro strips. I will sometime place a little bait bag there also, but I personally don't like to open it much when I'm on the water.

Flambeau big lures bottom.jpg
      Flambeau big lure top.jpg
      Hobie Revo 13 (w/ graffiti removed)
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

My son in law sort of stole my Trident 11 when I got a Trident Ultra, he found a tub at I believe big lots that fits in the 11's rod pod about perfect, it is orange in color and has two handles cut in the ends. He put a piece of foam on the bottom of the kyak to lock it in place, it sort of pops in and out easily. It is short though, there is about six inches at e front that he uses to put a small round cooler in. I have pictures on my home computer, but we also built a hinged custom hatch with rubber latches like the ultras have, so it wasn't the main focus of the pictures......jack

Comment

I modified my hull interior with pool noddles glued in with GOOP. They keep everything within reach and organized. I also utilize the reverse side of the deck using velcro to hold a first aid kit and stringer.

Just a short caution note: I was turtled by a speed boat while I had the mod pod open. The yak got water inside and I could not right it. I had to swim to shore and wait for the wind and waves to bring the yak to me. I then had to empty it with a sponge as I did not carry a pump. at the time. Now I have a plastic pump that I got from Dick's for $20 in the forward hatch.

John
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
          X