Not for fishing but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not for fishing but ...

I figured a few guys on here from the Eastern Shore might be interested in hunting from their kayak.

A blind for a Ride 135 with a Dog House cover over the tankwell. Link to the blog post is here
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

That is wicked cool! Well done.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Oooooooooor you could just buy a boat that already has the Realtree camo pattern on it.

http://jacksonkayak.com/jk-kayaks-4/...altree-kilroy/

Comment

It's nice Jackson is moving forward with something. Wilderness sure has not yet. NuCanoe has also, but I do not like their blind. Also, if you read the blog you'll notice I had a blind for my Commander and the dog brings in too much water, which is why I went to a SOT. The Kilroy would pose the same problem with water from the dog.

I got a few suggestions for Jackson's design guys though. Camo on the boat is cool, but unnecessary for hunting. Camo on a boat that has a blind is like fancy underwear, you never see it. Also, their blind cover does not have any stubble straps. Nothing, and I repeat nothing, works like a 3D cover like raffia or reeds and such and you need stubble straps to attach that stuff. My blog shows a blind for the commander and all the stubble straps. Hopefully Jackson is listening and will make some changes.
        Last edited by archeryrob; 08-19-2014, 03:10 PM.
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
          It's nice Jackson is moving forward with something. Wilderness sure has not yet. NuCanoe has also, but I do not like their blind. Also, if you read the blog you'll notice I had a blind for my Commander and the dog brings in too much water, which is why I went to a SOT. The Kilroy would pose the same problem with water from the dog.

I got a few suggestions for Jackson's design guys though. Camo on the boat is cool, but unnecessary for hunting. Camo on a boat that has a blind is like fancy underwear, you never see it. Also, their blind cover does not have any stubble straps. Nothing, and I repeat nothing, works like a 3D cover like raffia or reeds and such and you need stubble straps to attach that stuff. My blog shows a blind for the commander and all the stubble straps. Hopefully Jackson is listening and will make some changes.

Camo on the boat is cool, but unnecessary for hunting. Camo on a boat that has a blind is like fancy underwear, you never see it

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
            Camo on the boat is cool, but unnecessary for hunting. Camo on a boat that has a blind is like fancy underwear, you never see it
            And your point? Are you making fun of my fancy underwear?

Comment

Rob as always bro, hats off to your creativity and drive. I really enjoy looking at your creations!

By the way have you been able to fish lately?
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Only on the Pot-O-Mac on the upper end and its sucks! Fish either died this winter, spring floods or the cold summer weather has thrown them all out of sorts and no big fish to speak of much. Gas is too expensive to head to the bay and with college and Doctor bills coming I have to stay near home.

Hoping to try this out on the 1st. 1st hunt for the dog and daughter on the river. I'm more afraid of the girl messing up than the dog, because the dog listens better. This might rate a blog post all its own. Greg's in for a show, make sure your iPhone is set on video already!! I got a YouTube account!

Comment

Working...
                X