Triton Beach tomorrow: 24 Aug 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triton Beach tomorrow: 24 Aug 14

Gotta get out and test my new rocket launcher set up.

Launching at Triton Beach when it opens (7am).

Launch is free, parking is a little walk from the water, but unloading and set up is at the sand.

I don't know what folks want to do, we can try for spot to use live lining close to the launch (I know a place) or go straight to trolling lures.

I haven't been on the Bay since Monday....withdrawls are setting in.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Winds are expected to be pretty high coming from the east. I'm looking at weems or Jonas green tomorrow around 6 am. I'm looking for WP and blues. Might troll for stripers while moving around.
    PigPen - Mt Airy
    Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

It was pretty bumpy on the Bay today. We got on the water shortly after 7 am and the wind was already blowing.

FL_Boy in his PA-12:

Wind blowing straight down the bay.

Caught one dink striper early, then all the trolling produced nothing. We did find a honey hole for white perch, caught fish almost every cast. Tried catching spot, but only got two, one of them would have been prefect for live lining it was about 6-7 inches...but it released itself after I took the hook out.

I wish I could read the registration number on this boat, this was the third time they thought it was necessary to nail the throttle when they went buy...only the previous two times they were a heck of a lot closer, maybe 25 feet. I wonder if they were drunk already at 11 am? They were real asses, I wasn't the only vessel they buzzed either. A small sailboat came by and said they couldn't believe how close they ran past me.

They must have seen me take a picture of them, because the 4th time they had to go ripping up river they put some distance between us.

Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Did better than me at Weems. There was a race on so probably couldn't get to jonas this morning. Caught a few dink perch and lost a bunch of bites. Saw tons of bait on the FF but went through the whole tackle box with not much to show for it. Made it out to the 50 bridge and was getting tossed pretty good from the traffic. They were pretty far off too. Had a few people slow down around me then gun it but the majority were light boats that didn't put up much of a wake regardless of speed. Maybe better luck next week.
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

That same boat buzzed me twice about a month ago in the same kind of rough water. He must just be an A** hole who thinks he owns the South River.

John
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
            That same boat buzzed me twice about a month ago in the same kind of rough water. He must just be an A** hole who thinks he owns the South River.

John
            Must be lacking something in the manhood and/or self-esteem department...got to show off or put someone else in danger to prove something. Typical grade school bully mentality.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Anyone else know this boat?

Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...