susky and deer creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• susky and deer creek

The shad are running and coming in droves. Caught over 50 in a few short hours and help a gentleman that had fallen in.... I have been using gold spoon vs. shad dart, been very sucessful and productive. may go out again on sunday.

my co-worker fished deer creek this past weekend and said he caught over 50 shad in the morning
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

That sounds like an awesome time. Let me see if I can clear my schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by jarradw View Post
        That sounds like an awesome time. Let me see if I can clear my schedule.
        I have just been invited to go out in the yak at otter point past edgewood on the bush river if your interested in catching some small mouth bass. Sunday will be packed at deer creek with people

Comment

Looks like I was able to convince the wife to let me go, can I get some details from ya on where and when?

Comment

Originally posted by jarradw View Post
            Looks like I was able to convince the wife to let me go, can I get some details from ya on where and when?

I am going out at otter point on sunday if you want to tag along for smallmouth bass. my buddy and I are eating at the waffle house right off of route 24 near edgewood rd at 8:00 am then driving to otter point, only a few miles away. you cant miss me, i have a hobie pa on trailer.

Comment

My little 10 ft sit in be ok where ever that is? Also what are the smaillies hitting nowadays, need to go through the tackle box.

Comment

Originally posted by fjarhead View Post
                I have just been invited to go out in the yak at otter point past edgewood on the bush river if your interested in catching some small mouth bass. Sunday will be packed at deer creek with people
                Smallmouth in the Bush? That's brackish water .......... caught a ton of largemouth there but never a smallmouth ............ I'd be interested in finding a smallmouth hole there too but it's my granddaughter's 1st birthday party.

You're definitely right about Deer Creek on Sunday .......... ya won't be able to get near the place .......... it will probably be high and muddy too so the bush would probably be a good bet ........

Comment

I am not familiar with Deer Creek. What is making it crowded on Sunday? Where is Deer Creek?

Comment

a trib off the susky. it will be too high and muddy to fish is what i think rick is getting at.
                    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Thanks Mike ......... yeah, it will probably be high and muddy especially by Sunday if it isn't already .......... also when the shad are in it is 1 of the favorite places to shore fish for them .......... problem is that there is very limited parking so you are fishing practically shoulder to shoulder but that is only is you can find a parking space .......... it does become a real zoo sometimes ........ people park in any place they can squeeze into so don't take a car you don't want to get dinged ...........

Comment

Even if deer creek is crowded/muddy/high the shad run is a one of a kind event. It is worth taking a half day off of work if you want to get there early and beat the crowds!

Comment

you're right it is fun ......... the shad bite when the gates are open and usually don't when the gates are closed ......... when the gates are closed you can find a bonanza of lures ........... take some of those magnets on collapsable handles that you use to pick up screws in tight places to pick up a years supply while you are waiting for the gates to open .........

Comment

Working...
                          X