Reservoir Permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reservoir Permits

So I was a bit confused by the permit information on the site so I emailed them and asked, here is the response I got:

All boats using our reservoirs must have a permit. We have a minimum length requirement of twelve feet, so unfortunately we cannot issue a permit for your kayak. I’ve included a link to our permit application which answers most questions about our process.
    Boat Permit Application

As I understand this my 9'6" Kayak cannot go on the reservoir legally

Waiting on a final response back.

And the response is:

That’s correct. We’ve had quite a few people either trade or sell a small kayak and get a larger one that meets our requlation.

Mike
    I am not allowed on the reservoir in my kayak it seems.

Comment

You can always fish in lake roland or centenial down off 108
      good fishing all !
      go tandem or go alone !

Freefall Gemini Tandem

OK Prowler Trident 13 FINALLY in the water !
      a floating work in progress

Comment

Isn't it also true that you must state that you will only use your boat on one of the three Baltimore Reservoirs. In other words, if you're going to use your yak on the Bay or any other body of water, then you can't take it back to the reservoirs.

That's what irks me as I live 10 minutes from Liberty, but won't apply for a permit b/c I obviously want to fish the bay and other places, as well.

Of course the superb bass I caught yesterday at Rocky Gorge ease my pain a little. Interesting that Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia, which are also reservoirs, albeit to D.C. don't have the same kind of restrictions.

Comment

I do need to get on Rocky gorge as well as tridelphia and centenial. I have only had the kayak for about a month :-p It is very irritating that they run the Baltimore waters like that but so be it I suppose.

Comment

Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia

I fish Rocky Gorge and Triadelphia. Fishing can be very tough there, but there is the potential for large fish. I live right below the dam for Triadelphia and can launch from either reservoir within 15 minutes. A season permit is $60 and you can use your kayak other places with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jarradw View Post
              I do need to get on Rocky gorge as well as tridelphia and centenial. I have only had the kayak for about a month :-p It is very irritating that they run the Baltimore waters like that but so be it I suppose.
              Sorry guy but those regs have been in place for decades ......... but I agree with you, their regs suck big time ........... over 20 years ago the drunkard with mofia ties that was ahead of the city Dept of works commissioned a so called consultant to give a report on the zebra mussels which resulted in the stupid regs that started with a LONG ban on any boats on the reservoir and then to restricting the electric only reservoir boats to Loch Raven, Liberty and Pretty Boy ........ now you have to sign a paper saying you won't use your boat anywhere else ............ many people sign and do what they want anyway.

Bad part of DPW's regs is that lake access is severely restricted .......... good part is that lake access is severely restricted so it's like having your own private lake ........ never a problem launching ......... beautiful, peaceful with nice fish if you learn the lake ..........

Comment

Working...
              X