Monday fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday fishing

Anyone going fishing? I'm thinking of going to Rappahannock or VA beach. I love that ocean view reef but its 3 hours drive.

I will probably be fishing, but I don't want to go too far. I'm worried traffic will be bad in the afternoon, with everyone going back home after the long weekend.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      I will probably be fishing, but I don't want to go too far. I'm worried traffic will be bad in the afternoon, with everyone going back home after the long weekend.
      I'm still debating if I want to drive 3 hours. If I decide to go VA beach, I probably go very early to avoid traffic

Comment

I think traffic will be good in the morning, just think it might get bad in the afternoon...since everyone needs to go home and get ready to go back to work ans school Tuesday.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Cowpokey,

I know generally where Triton Beach is. Help me with where to get to it. I want to fish the ice breakers all along their from Rhode River to South River. Want a close launch.
          Thanks
          Deadwood (Dave)
          West River & Miles River
          2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
          If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

I think traffic will be good in the morning, just think it might get bad in the afternoon...since everyone needs to go home and get ready to go back to work ans school Tuesday.
            OK. I think I might switch to a closer location then.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadwood View Post
              Cowpokey,

I know generally where Triton Beach is. Help me with where to get to it. I want to fish the ice breakers all along their from Rhode River to South River. Want a close launch.
              Thanks
              This isn't exactly right, but it will get you there.

1202 Triton Beach Road
              Edgewater, MD 21037

When you get on Triton Beach road, keep going until you see a small gravel parking lot with a chain link fence and a porta potty on the right...the paved road turns left at the gate. Turn right into the gate and follow the gravel road to the launch. Parking is at the gate, but we can drive to the launch to unload.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Is that access by permit only?
                Deadwood (Dave)
                West River & Miles River

Comment

Is that access by permit only?
                  No permit required for Triton Beach, it's free. It's only open during the day, gate opens at 7am...not sure what time it closes, I would imagine sunset?

If you plug that address into google maps it will come up.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks Cowpokey. I have been drinking and feel real good now. Signed Dino Martin
                    Deadwood (Dave)
                    West River & Miles River

Comment

Thanks Cowpokey. I have been drinking and feel real good now. Signed Dino Martin
                      Gotta pick my daughter up from work in a few, then finish up adding a flag mount to my rocket launcher. Beer will be had...gotta celebrate; wore my uniform for the last time at my retirement ceremony about 4 hours ago.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Gotta pick my daughter up from work in a few, then finish up adding a flag mount to my rocket launcher. Beer will be had...gotta celebrate; wore my uniform for the last time at my retirement ceremony about 4 hours ago.
                        Thanks for your service man! Enjoy your retirement. I don't wear a uniform exactly, but do serve as well. Have long ways to retire though.
                        You will probably fish weekdays now. Can't wait to be able to do that myself.
                        “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_on_a_Tarpon View Post
                          Thanks for your service man! Enjoy your retirement. I don't wear a uniform exactly, but do serve as well. Have long ways to retire though.
                          You will probably fish weekdays now. Can't wait to be able to do that myself.
                          It was my pleasure!

I'm going to enjoy a few days off, then start looking for my next adventure. Hopefully I'll be retiring again for good in another couple decades.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Congrats! I put my uniform away 7 yrs ago and still miss it a little. It is nice having hair again though.
                            PigPen - Mt Airy
                            Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
                              Congrats! I put my uniform away 7 yrs ago and still miss it a little. It is nice having hair again though.
                              I've been shaving my head (Clippers no guard) since Cowkid1 was a baby. I can grow hair, but have chosen not to have any for many years. Now, will I or will I not have hair...it's been 24 years since I had more than 1/4" in length below the top of my head...might be time to do the opposite and bring back the mullet!
                              Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback
                              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X