Bev Triton Sunday 8-31-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bev Triton Sunday 8-31-14

Got up and no wind so I went to BT Beach in AA county. 10 miles from home so no big run. Got in the water about 730. South wind blowing steady so you know what that means if you have fished BTB. Wind in your face. Stayed on the inside of the breakwaters/ice breakers. Threw Silver Mepps spinner and 4" swimming chartruse gulp on white 1/2 oz jighead. Mepps produce nice WP. Gulp 0. Tide was up and water was murky. This area really produces on good Wx.
    WP,Rock,Reds,specs. but not today. Reds and specs infrequent. No Blues either today. Worms.Bw,gs would produce spot,croakers,wp but it was an atrificial morning.
    Slayer didnt even give the waves between the stone pile breakwaters a second look.

Tightlines.
    Attached Files
    Deadwood (Dave)
    West River & Miles River
    2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
    If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

I was there Friday morning and saw some fish out by the crab pots. I had a bluefish jump out of water right beside me making a interesting buzzing sound like it ate a humming bird. Wind and one and a half foot waves were coming in from the north east that day and calmed down to just big rollers making it hard to stay on a target and jig.
    PigPen - Mt Airy
    Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

A south wind is pretty hard to hide from in our part of the bay. I find one of the issues at BTB is that it is shallow for about 1/2 mile or so and that makes the wind effect more pronounced. The last time I was there I went up the South River and had to deal with a pretty good south wind when I was going back to the beach. I was rock'n and roll'n but, any day on the water, or so they say.

John
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
      X