No announcement yet.

To those who have not yet registered for the 2014 CBKA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was a fantastic tournament last year.

i had a blast, with the guys the night before, i met a good friend fishing that day and we are going out together again this year.

i won a yak attack black pak.

if i wasnt so broke from trying to go to school, i would be in this.. im participating in the fishing, just not entereing the tournament, im penny pinching right now

except last year i didnt buy the 20 $ for biggest fish, caught the biggest fish and missed out on 500 $ haha
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by chex View Post
      KDT88: nice!! Thanks!

Mbae: probably about a dozen bags left

Sent from my YakPhone using Tapatalk
      oh man not too many left... ill speak to a friend tonight and see if he wants to participate with me
      Michael
      2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
      Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Sounds like a good tournament and event. I have looked at it, but like one of the first posts mentioned I am not sure about fishing on the bay. I have been fresh water fishing for bass and haven't done anything on the bay. I think it would be fun to try, but need to explore it before jumping into the tournament. Maybe next year. I have a conflict this year anyways, as I am volunteering at an event on saturday morning. Good luck to all those entered!!
        WS ATAK

Comment

I' have a pro angler. But I hang out with a 66 yr old gentlemen . I am more then happy to have anyone tag along. We stay in a back bay in Kent island
          Zach Moore
          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

For anyone timid about fishing the open bay, keep in mind that you are able to launch from other public launches on Kent island that will put you on protected back bays and creeks. Take a look at shipping creek or goodhands creek and I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of. Reports have been good in those areas
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Zach,

I'm impressed. You're a wise young man to keep company with your elders.

I also will be in a back bay on Kent Island.

You can learn a lot from us in our 6th decade:

** Where the calm waters are
              ** Secluded areas to beach your kayak to take care of nature's frequent calls
              ** Launch sites that require minimal portage
              ** How to cope with uncrowded waters during weekdays
              ** How to use one discount coupon for two dinners at Cracker Barrel

I hope to see you on the water Saturday.

(:
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

We are at 83 registrations! Last year we had 104. C'mon guys, plenty of room available!

Make-a-Wish, CCA MD and the local kayak fishing community will benefit greatly with such tremendous support! Thanks to all who have signed up.

Comment

i just bought a kayak a couple months ago and unfortunatley have only been out on it twice so still getting used to using it but I'd like to get in the tournament. Would be my first tournament ever and looks like a lot of fun. Would be nice to meet some people that kayak. Plus, I'm from Delaware and have never fished down there before and don't know anyone who has a kayak. I'm still deciding on whether or not to get in. Any good suggestions or anyone looking to maybe let me kinda tag along with them out on the water?
                  E-Man
                  Dune Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by AJYaking View Post
                    i just bought a kayak a couple months ago and unfortunatley have only been out on it twice so still getting used to using it but I'd like to get in the tournament. Would be my first tournament ever and looks like a lot of fun. Would be nice to meet some people that kayak. Plus, I'm from Delaware and have never fished down there before and don't know anyone who has a kayak. I'm still deciding on whether or not to get in. Any good suggestions or anyone looking to maybe let me kinda tag along with them out on the water?
                    I have never fished the CBKA but have met many of the folks in this tourney & on this board at the Kayak Jamboree held at Havre De Grace in the Spring...if you can get in on it, I would...some folks on this thread have openly invited strangers to tag along. Introduce yourself at the Capts. meeting...let folks know your skill level and you will get an invite. I was signing up last night, when my wife politely reminded me "IT IS OUR 15th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!!" all caps used to emphasise the conversation... :-) Have fun all.
                    Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

HAHAHA, thanks. I may just do that. Fig I'd put it out on here first to see what people said as well. Still trying to fig out if I'm gonna get the ok to do this or not yet as well. Thanks for the reply though!!
                      E-Man
                      Dune Pro Angler 14

Comment

I did the same thing last year, bought my kayak in May, fished a couple of times, I actually met a few guys while on a charter boat and then joined the tournament to meet other kayakers. I had a blast. You're more than welcome to join me, I live in Wilmington and have fished in and around the Chesapeake for many years. Kent Island has lots of options to fish depending on the weather. I plan to fish around the Bay Bridge if the weather cooperates, if not, then some calm back waters off the backside of Kent Island.
                        Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

Awesome, thanks. Im in wilmington myself. Will def let u know if i get in to it. Thanks!!!
                          E-Man
                          Dune Pro Angler 14

Comment

Just looking at the weather report since I am bored at work and only counting down the days to get out to the CBKA and it looks like wind will blow from the north. Is it safe to assume the kayak launches south of Kent will be the right ones? Also I assume we need to purchase a QA launch permit?

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                              Just looking at the weather report since I am bored at work and only counting down the days to get out to the CBKA and it looks like wind will blow from the north. Is it safe to assume the kayak launches south of Kent will be the right ones? Also I assume we need to purchase a QA launch permit?
                              Correct. Launching where there is land to the north will protect you from northerly winds. Keep in mind, of course, that the weather report may change, so keep your options open.

And yes, many launches require that you purchase a permit, but there are also some free ones, including at Camp Wright. I have just added some additional launch information here: http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...unch-Locations

The permits can be purchased at Anglers (CBKA sponsor) and other locations throughout the counties.
                              Mike S.
                              Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

2014 CBKA Tournament Divisions and Prizes are now finalized!

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ons-and-Prizes
                                Mike S.
                                Hobie Outback
                                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
                                X