Pre-fishing for the CBKA tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-fishing for the CBKA tournament.

Not much luck at my spot. Don't know if I'll fish here or try something on the Eastern shore when it comes tournament time. Please let me know what you guys think that I should do. This is all that I caught. Not tournament worthy😔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a perch and you're in slam contention. Blues have been few and far between in past years.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

You're catching fish..gotta be doing something right.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Catching fish yes..... big enough no.... Catching any kind of fish is fun but The fish that I have been catching are not big enough for the tournament😳

Comment

You just need a fish stretcher.
          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I've been thinking about buying one of those. Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by KDT88 View Post
              Catching fish yes..... big enough no.... Catching any kind of fish is fun but The fish that I have been catching are not big enough for the tournament��

We're known to give prizes to the smallest fish, turtling, first to sign up (twice!), only species caught, most species caught, participant that came from the longest distance, eldest participant, and... just because. C'mon out and check it out. Ya never know. Sorta like fishing... :-)

Comment

What you'll find this time of year will be a lot of throw backs. Often mixed with them will be a larger one or two. So you can keep trying or you have to keep looking for schools of larger ones and figure out that pattern. Up until this weekend I was only finding smaller ones. I was jigging a pod of fish and they were mostly small, but not 20 yards away I found bigger ones. So that's my experience this past week on the flats. They were in the locally deepest water with the smaller fish higher in the water.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

I was hoping to fish the main body of the bay tomorrow, in preparation for launching out of Camp Wright for the tourney...but with the projected wind tomorrow, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Going to launch out of Jonas Green tomorrow for a few hours. Just hoping to luck into some fish.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                    I was hoping to fish the main body of the bay tomorrow, in preparation for launching out of Camp Wright for the tourney...but with the projected wind tomorrow, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Going to launch out of Jonas Green tomorrow for a few hours. Just hoping to luck into some fish.
                    There's a big drop off that I fish right at the mouth of the Severn. If you have a GPS you will see it. There is two there's one right next to the marina and there's one further out towards the bay. It's the further out one that I'm talking about and there's lots of bluefish around there too so good luck!! I might be out there tomorrow after 5 o'clock but if not definitely Saturday morning....good fishin!!

Comment

There's a big drop off that I fish right at the mouth of the Severn. If you have a GPS you will see it. There is two there's one right next to the marina and there's one further out towards the bay. It's the further out one that I'm talking about and there's lots of bluefish around there too so good luck!! I might be out there tomorrow after 5 o'clock but if not definitely Saturday morning....good fishin!!

I'm looking at the chart, is it straight south of Greenbury Point? Looks like a submerged cliff. LOL
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Yeah, I have GPS/chartplotter/fishfinder in the form of the Elite-4 HDI.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Yes that's the spot. I have the same exact Fishfinder!!

Comment

Yes that's the spot. I have the same exact Fishfinder!!

It's a great unit, really happy with mine. Was thinking of getting the Navonics Gold, but the default map is pretty good for the bay. Did you upgrade the chart?
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                              It's a great unit, really happy with mine. Was thinking of getting the Navonics Gold, but the default map is pretty good for the bay. Did you upgrade the chart?
                              Not yet. I'm pretty happy with the map that it came with for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X