Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Going to the Outer Banks for the Week of 9/13 to 9/19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Going to the Outer Banks for the Week of 9/13 to 9/19?

I was hoping to hook up with fellow anglers while on vacation. We are staying in Rodanthe. I'm bringing two fishing kayaks, so I have an extra if anyone is down there. Plus, I am open to suggestions on what to fish for and how to fish for them. I saw in the reports where Pompano are still running.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

How did you do?
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Caught some nice blues from the Rodanthe pier using a jig that floated off the ocean floor with a dead fish on it. A thin metal rod went through the dead mullets mouth and out the end, then had a double hook on the end. Never used one before but it was quite productive. It was too windy to take the kayaks out due to a tropical depression off the coast. Even too windy at the beach to fish, the weight would come back in as soon as I through it out. People were catching small Pompano off of shrimp. On the way home the kayak trailer came off the ball and I nearly had a catastrophy. Thank God for the safety chains!
      Thanks for asking.
      Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Oh my!!!!
        Glad you averted that. It always makes me cringe when I hear clunks from back there.

Did you take a picture of the jig? How big were the bluefish?
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
          Oh my!!!!
          Glad you averted that. It always makes me cringe when I hear clunks from back there.

Did you take a picture of the jig? How big were the bluefish?
          The bluefish were 18 and 19 inches. I did not take a picture of the rig, so I just looked it up and it is called a DELUXE FINGER MULLET RIG- plain hook.
          http://cart.oysterbaytackle.com/fish...ain-hook-p-404

The pompano were caught with a rig where two small hooks floated. The float was right next to the eye of the hook. Sand fleas and shrimp were used as bait.
          Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
          X