Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum, New to Kayak in the Mail

Greetings to all of you.

Was introduced to forum by, I believe, Bluegill who has been most helpful at my most local angling outfitters here in south Annapolis. If I have the wrong member, I'm sure it will become apparent. Point is, very thoughtful of you to provide access information to such a knowledgeable and experienced group. My purchase, as of today and what I would prefer to refer to as a reasonably researched impulse buy, is the WS Tarpon 120. Pretty much much fully rigged, sans the GPS/ fishfinder. Should be delivered in less than two weeks and I am stoked. Been shore fishing long enough.

Anyway, that's my introduction and expression of appreciation for you folks. I plan to start out from home base (Bay Ridge community) and work my way into other salt/ fresh water landscapes. Thanks in advance for having me and look forward to sharing when valuable!

where did you order from?
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Tarpon 120 is a good looking boat from what I've seen.

Welcome a bored!* Look forward to seeing you on the water.

*yeah, I know how to spell. ... I'm sitting at home on the computer.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Welcome to this forum. Happy and safe kayaking. Hope to see you out there soon.
        Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
        Cobra Explorer

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

You live in the heart of some excellent fishing waters.

Your Tarpon 120 will allow you to explore them very effectively.

Good luck and stay tuned.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Welcome and congratulations on the new yak!! Hopefully you can stay busy and the time will pass quickly until it comes!
            WS ATAK

Comment

Kayak City out of Cali. May not have managed a cutthroat deal, but the comprehensive rigging and no cost shipping cinched it for me to pull trigger after checking out multiple boats and offers.

Comment

Thank you. They've already shipped, so it looks like one week will be all I have to suffer. Also jammed in their will be a trip to my father's place in Wilmington, NC where the redfish rule. Just out on his center console, but the season is ripe.

Comment

See my post on those guys....I visited their shipping center. Pretty impressive. Tarpon 120 will be a great boat for you! Fast and easy to fish from.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1410486027500.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                      Alan

Comment

Welcome aboard. I am also new to kayak fishing and have a WS Tarpon 120 as well. I have been very happy with this kayak. There is lots of good info on this forum and everyone has been most helpful. My advice to you: Buy a copy of Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay. One of the guys on the forum wrote the book and it is FILLED with very useful and very specific info for fishing the bay from a kayak. I got the book on Wednesday morning and have read it cover to cover and will be using it as I plan my fall fishing adventures on the bay. Best $20 you will spend.
                        Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
                        Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Backdoc View Post
                          Welcome aboard. I am also new to kayak fishing and have a WS Tarpon 120 as well. I have been very happy with this kayak. There is lots of good info on this forum and everyone has been most helpful. My advice to you: Buy a copy of Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay. One of the guys on the forum wrote the book and it is FILLED with very useful and very specific info for fishing the bay from a kayak. I got the book on Wednesday morning and have read it cover to cover and will be using it as I plan my fall fishing adventures on the bay. Best $20 you will spend.
                          Thank you Backdoc and all that have welcomed. Certainly my intention to pick up the member's publication. Can't wait to hear the ribbing I get from the missus on my "geeking out."

Comment

Welcome aboard brother. I also have a Tarpon 120. Best option in that $ range IMHO. Handles the Bay perfectly. Even better on the lakes or rivers. Seat is very nice, semi-adjustable. You can't stand up on it. The hatches are sealed, but they will let in some water (just a little), if it rains on your Tarpon for half a day. I saw a trolling motor setup online, for around $500, fits the Tarpon perfectly. That motor would be sweet for trolling large waters, or when you want some help paddling back to the launch site.
                            “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Working...
                            X