Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday fishing

Anyone?

Got a job interview at 8am...my first one since I retired two weeks ago. lol
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Retired! Congratulations!

Comment

Are you going after work at occoquan?

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
          Are you going after work at occoquan?
          Monday I'm off so I usually go salt water fishing

Comment

Unless the wind report gets terribly worse by morning, I plan to launch my 16' center console from Sandy Pt about 7:30 and fish for stripers until about noon. I have room for 1 or 2 others -- Khan, if that interests you let me know. If anyone wants to go with me, please send me a pmail. Space is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. If I don't hear from anyone I may change my plans and launch at a different time, so please contact me if you are interested.

Depending on how I do tomorrow and if the winds stay low, I may take the center console out several more times this week.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

ahh ok maybe next Monday - I just got back from the BB. If you go local let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                ahh ok maybe next Monday - I just got back from the BB. If you go local let me know.
                OK. I plan to go SH fishing on Thursday & Friday's evening

Comment

Khanh and I fished numerous spots around the bridge and to the south. Most of the spots produced no fish or a few small fish. We finally found what we were looking for in 20 ft depth and caught plenty of rockfish in the 15" to 17" range for the next hour. Khanh pulled in a beautiful 16.5" bluefish and had another one break off near the boat. I had one 20-21" striper with a sore on each side -- it was thrown back. I also had a "just barely keeper" at 18.5". It was close enough to the limit that we threw it back.

We caught fish by trolling light lures in deep water, jigging, and casting to breakers and open water.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

We both have double header striper which were quite fun even though they were short.

Comment

Casting to breakers...

Fantastic!

Good for you both.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X