Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakeheading on the VA side of Potomac fri 09/19.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakeheading on the VA side of Potomac fri 09/19.

I've fished in MD for the elusive SH all year & will venture over the WW Bridge & then south to Woodbridge in search of a free or nearly free launch close to snakehead waters. A couple folks may join me too. Others are welcome to join in. Plans are still in the works. I look to launch after the morn rush hour, maybe closer to 11 or 12 noon... thats when I have my best luck catching them. Others may join me late afternoon. I plan to fish into the evening. If traffic is terrible I will launch on the Picataway off 210 in MD first & fish there for awhile before driving over to VA. Let me know if you want to go. Peace out!

Good luck whenican.
    FYI... Dogue Creek is directly across the river from Marshall Hall. If you can't find a suitable launch on the VA side, that's a possibility.
    Last edited by buzz; 09-17-2014, 11:22 AM. Reason: Removed misleading irrelelvant information.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

A beautiful day, indeed... but my car that transports my kayak was acting up
      & both my other fishing friends got tied up at work so eventually I made it to VA
      just before the evening rush hour. My buddy from VA took me to a bunch of places
      Where we could cast from shore. It was very quiet with just a couple of juvenile snakeheads seen
      and they werent biting. Then, just before dark we all split up at this one spot and my 1st cast
      gets blown up, disturbing the peace & tranquility with an explosive splash. I hook the beast but it jumps 4 ft in the air
      & tosses my frog back at me. That was a 3-footer! After that it was peaceful again!

Comment

Yea we grow them big over here on VA side!!

Comment

Working...
        X