this saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this saturday

for those not heading to New York, heading to Chesapeake beach to launch hopefully around sun up.

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
    for those not heading to New York, heading to Chesapeake beach to launch hopefully around sun up.
    Unfortunately, I am flying down to New Orleans for a week of work- leaving Friday morning- that is why I took off last Thursday and Friday- Thursday was much too windy and Friday was just tolerable- it will be after the 18th before I can think about fishing again- good luck to all- hope you get some trophies
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Sounds like a plan
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

What are you going for? Where do you launch from? Not sure I can make it at sun up. I'm planning to troll south of the Bay bridge Friday.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I keep saying I'm going to get out on the weekend but never make it. So this week I'm not saying it and hopefully i will go.

Little trolling early and soak some bait for croakers later?

Whats the launch fee there? Last time i fished there i dragged the yak across the beach. Not a fun chore with my crappy cart.

Comment

So far for Saturday, here is the marine forecast for Chesapeake Beach:

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60.

Saturday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

I would like to get with you at Chesapeake Beach on Saturday, but I am not sure. I am suppose to work every weekend from now on until June 1st. Some things seem to be falling behind on the project so I may not be needed on Saturday and can join you and Pinch. Mine will be a last day notice. How many are going? Are you guys going even it is 60 % chance of rain?

Comment

sounds like striper weather to me.

yeah maybe try some top water stuff early then soak some for hardheads.

grady black and mediyaker went with me yesterday evening just fishing from the wall at the MWR on the severn and we pulled in 6 hardheads in 2 hours. mediyaker had never caught a croaker before and thought he had a nice rock on but it was a 13.5" croaker. they do give you a nice tug

launch fee is $5 at the ramp

Comment

I just got an update from the Job, and I am not needed Saturday morning. Also, the early reports is that any chance of rain will be in the afternoon, so the morning seems to be the best....

Comment

0600 at the ramp at Chesapeake beach. hopefully they will be feeding before the storms

Comment

Yep $5 to launch per vehicle, when I came with Chuck with two kayaks they only charged us 5 bucks. Wooo on not workin saturday mornin moc, I am gonna try to it make it out

Comment

Went out yesterday in mouth of Wicomico into the Potomac for a few hours of trolling- approximately 10 miles of dragging lures- one hit but no keepers...lots of debris in water that I had to keep cleaning the lures from sticks and grass- first skunk on me...but I did not bottom fish with bait at all so I was strictly chasing trophy stripers- I am really getting comfortable in my OK Prowler in open water- the wind was blowing out when I was coming in so I got an opportunity to see how it is fighting tide and wind to come in about two miles out- I trolled the deep channel from Rock Point to Cobb Island Light and back twice with red and white stretch 25 and large Sassy shad paddle tails.The stretch 25 got the hit-

Comment

ches thisweekend

saturday 0600 sounds good, i like the troll early soak late idea. i gotta be outta the water by 1200/ 1300. like to get out thursday or friday as well (going tomorrow somewhere) just bought a diawa beef stick to pull my tandems using a penn 750 (i think) CANT WAIT.
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Holy cow! You pulled a Stretch 25 for 10 miles? I can't complain about a skunk after hearing that. Nice work even if the fish didn't cooperate.
                          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Bill- I trolled for ten miles...it is a half mile out of the inlet to the main channel- the water is 24-36 feet deep in the channel and I marked a lot of fish- they just weren't interested in biting for some reason. From Rock Point to Cobb Island light is about two and a half miles- the paddle was really nice although you can tell you are pulling lures...coming back into the wind dragging two rods with lures was something new for me- being a diabetic I am mindful of keeping my blood sugar in balance so I carry power bars and fruit with me out on the water. I paddled in an hour before dark- about three or four hours of exercise and fresh air. No buzzers was good news- young man came by in a Boston Whaler 13 footer and chatted with me- he wanted to know all about kayaking! He was fascinated by the simplicity of it all. I told him that he knew as much as I did.
                            Last edited by ronaultmtd; 05-12-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Can someone give me the Google Earth lat/long on where you park and launch at CB? thanks
                              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                              X