No announcement yet.

this saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the parking lot is next to the water slide park on the right of the main drag. When you are on the main road in Chesapeake Beach you make a right on a road right after the first gas station on the right. The marina and parking will be at the left. I know it is criptic, but that is what I remember,

Comment

Let's see. Head East on Cheasapeake Beach Rd, then turn right and head South on Bayside Rd. The water park is on the right side. If I drive past that and go over the bridge, I see a huge parking lot on the left (east side of the road). This is where the Cheasapeake Hotel is. I then turn left on Mears to get to this lot, right?
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        Let's see. Head East on Cheasapeake Beach Rd, then turn right and head South on Bayside Rd. The water park is on the right side. If I drive past that and go over the bridge, I see a huge parking lot on the left (east side of the road). This is where the Cheasapeake Hotel is. I then turn left on Mears to get to this lot, right?
        You almost got it. If you go past the bridge then you went to far on Bayside Rd. When you are on Bayside road, make a right at at the water park onto G Stinnett Blvd. Drive a block and then the entrance to the marina is on the left. Make the left and the boat ramps are straight back near the end of the parking lot. There are two set of ramps on each side. One is close to Bayside Rd bridge.

Comment

anyone still goin out tmr? i could deal with the rain, not sure about t-storm. lol

Comment

Originally posted by richardbb85 View Post
            anyone still goin out tmr? i could deal with the rain, not sure about t-storm. lol
            Depending on the weather, we are planning on still going. We are waiting for a more up to date forecast of that area. SurfSam is leading the pac and will let us know for sure later this afternoon.

If we go, I know Pinch, Surfsam and myself are going at least. If there is alittle light rain for awhile, then that is no biggie. The fish might bite better. But if it is blowing and heavy all morning, then obviously we will cancel. In any event, one of us will post here later to confirm the croaker hunting at Chesapeake Beach.

Comment

aite, cool

Comment

ok weather forecast for tonite se wind 10-15kts 2-3' waves, on sat se 10 + knots showers chance of t-storms and coastal flood watch not good for CB this weekend.

alternative could be a small ramp north of the severn or wye landing on the eastern shore, both are more sheltered from the se wind.

Comment

I tried to call Easternkayaker to see if he had any intel on the Wye River, but I had to leave a voicemail. After talking to Surf, it seems like a change to more protected waters may be in order....

So far this is the latest NOAA Marine forecast:

Tonight: A chance of rain or drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 59. South wind between 7 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday: Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 67. Southeast wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 60. Southeast wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 73. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Comment

Got the directions, Moc. Thanks. Looks like it's a no-go to CB though.

Trolled south of Bay bridge today. Got skunked. Will put report in the Boatyard.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

after talking to moc we changed the site to mill creek north of the severn below the BB which opens on to the Hacketts se wind should be blowing fish into the creek

meet up at jonas green by 615

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                        Got the directions, Moc. Thanks. Looks like it's a no-go to CB though.

Trolled south of Bay bridge today. Got skunked. Will put report in the Boatyard.
                        Yeah, we are switching the fishing location for tomorrow. Surf said to meet at Jonas. We will follow him to the launch spot after everyone arrives.

Comment

wheres MWR
                          good fishing all !
                          go tandem or go alone !

Freefall Gemini Tandem

OK Prowler Trident 13 FINALLY in the water !
                          a floating work in progress

Comment

say hello to my grandmom while your in mill creek. she lives right off the point past the naval academy golf course in providence, to the left of the community marina they have there. wish i could join you guys but im staying around home this weekend.

p.s. you can slay rock right off the bulkhead there at the community clubhouse/marina if you catch the right tide.
                            Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

good luck guys

Comment

had a great time, lost some rigs, got wet and caught some fish hooked a large wp, 2 croaker 11 and 12" a 16" striper and a blue crab. all of them caught in the cove before whitehall bay. moc and pinch went out into whitehall bay with the wind and white caps and i think pinch got a wp for the trouble. he also got a small rock on a meeps spinner in the cove before the thunder started around 10 and we beat feet off the water. think moc landed one wp right before we got out.

Comment

Working...
                                X