Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the biggest pain about kayak fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
    That's an easy question. I average 9-10 hrs straight, on the water, with my longest being 12 hours. So, the biggest pain occurs in my butt.
    My biggest pain is loading and unloading. The outback is heavier and I'm getting used to it slowly... Totally would love to have the I Dream of Jeannie blink...
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

My biggest pain is negotiating with my wife (very pregnant wife) to get the time off. Once the trip is finally approved, I'm so excited I can't sleep the night before. It's all worth it afterwards when my 2 yr old and I drool over my fish pics/videos for the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
        My biggest pain is loading and unloading. The outback is heavier and I'm getting used to it slowly... Totally would love to have the I Dream of Jeannie blink...
        Keep rubbing those lamps Mustafa......there has got to be a 'Jinn in one of them!
        What made you switch from a revo to an outback??? The upper body workout??? Ha Ha
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Some of these responses are hilarious. I have gotten loading and unloading down to where it's not a pain when I'm loading just my proangler. Takes me 2min tops to load and unload. My biggest pain is covering water quickly, drifting, and wind. I can't stand it when I'm throwing a big heavy spinner bait or crankbait and the resistance is making my bow point into my bait causing me to eventually rotate 180%. And sometimes your hook sets are dampened by the bouncy yak. But that's yak fishin
          Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
          -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
          -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Not enough time to do all of these pain in the ass thing.

Comment

The worst part about kayak fishing is that it's all I can think about when I should be studying for my midterm tomorrow...
              Jackson
              Jackson Cuda 12
              Field and Stream SOT
              "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                Keep rubbing those lamps Mustafa......there has got to be a 'Jinn in one of them!
                What made you switch from a revo to an outback??? The upper body workout??? Ha Ha
                LOL!

Deck space. I love the seat upgrade which fixed the wet ride problem of a Revo. But I've been secretly jealous of the deck space for far too long! LOL

The upper body workout is the bonus!
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by Bogey View Post
                  My biggest pain is negotiating with my wife (very pregnant wife) to get the time off. Once the trip is finally approved, I'm so excited I can't sleep the night before. It's all worth it afterwards when my 2 yr old and I drool over my fish pics/videos for the next week.
                  What he said...
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

For you guys having problems with presentation due to wind, carry a drift sock. I do and it gives you much more flexibility.

+100 on the loading and unloading on the car top being a pain.

John
                    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
                      For you guys having problems with presentation due to wind, carry a drift sock. I do and it gives you much more flexibility.

John
                      find it obnoxious to pull it in every time you wanna move? You do it off the side of the boat or on the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by imagine29028 View Post
                        find it obnoxious to pull it in every time you wanna move? You do it off the side of the boat or on the rear?
                        It's not a problem in my Trident. It launch off the side and, when I pull it in, I just throw in on top of the front hatch until I use it again. The model I have is from Cabelas and can handle an 18ft boat. It has a dump line that makes it easy to get back in.

John
                        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

the cold!
                          Cuda 14
                          Big tuna

Comment

The Heat

I hate being too hot. I love cooler temps.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                              The Heat

I hate being too hot. I love cooler temps.
                              Just turtle ( practice self rescue)
                              Cuda 14
                              Big tuna

Comment

For me:
                                - Finding time to get out on the water between work and home projects.
                                - Getting to my launch site (usually 65 miles away).
                                - Remaining stationery on windy days or when the current is strong. Tough to be mobile enough to move from spot to spot and still remain still when I want to. I have an anchor trolley, but it doesn't always catch or it sometimes gets stuck.
                                - I tend to stay out for long periods (7-10 hours) and my backside does get a little numb after about 5 hours.
                                But, I would do it every day if I could!
                                Last edited by NukeMD; 10-17-2014, 06:20 AM.
                                Dave N.
                                Wilderness Systems Radar 115
                                - Solar

Comment

Working...
                                X