Rain jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain jacket

I have a Field and Stream one from Dick's Sporting and what a piece of crap! Don't buy any of their "Field and Stream" stuff or any of BPS's "Redhead" gear. Both of these store rip me off with their "store" lines because they are junk! I had a Redhead waterfowl coat that leaks like a sieve also. They would not give me my money back, just replacement of the same Not-Waterproof coat, that was sold as waterproof.

It rained hard and in 10 minutes it was soaking through. I have a dry top from Immersion Research that I use when its cold for kayaking. I just can't wear it when it 70 degrees out like it was today for duck season as the sweat can't get through the neck gasket.

I want to know what the same material is so I can get one in Camo for hunting. Anyone have any knowledge of the base material. I am sick of leaky rain gear.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

I'm not that familiar with Immersion Research, but they do have a good reputation. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Kokatat. I sent in a 5 or 6 year old dry suit to them about a month ago to fix some pinhole leaks in the feet. I got a call a few days ago and there was a delamination issue near the neck and one of the arms. They are replacing the dry suit at no charge and it will be with the newer Tropos fabric. This suit also comes with a lifetime warranty. Absolutely first class customer service and great products. I know they have rain or splash jackets too.

Comment

You may also want to try seam sealing your leaky jacket. I use Seam grip and coat the seams with a thin layer. It stays flexible even when cold.

Comment

Any of the major climbing/outdoor companies make great GoreTex shells. I have a Marmot one that is light as a feather. Check out Patagonia, North Face, Mountain Hardwear, Arctetyx, and even Columbia.

It wont be cheap....but here's an idea from REI: http://www.rei.com/search.html?pages...ore+tex+shells

Comment

I have a Redhead summer weight (I think they market it as "packable") rain suit, pants and jacket, that is going on 10 years old, still keeps me dry.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
          X