Dumb Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Questions

1. The main bay summer/fall striper season is open- in the Potomac does the barbless hook on trolling lures restriction still apply or can you use barbed hooks?

2. How effective are the artificial bloodworm fishbites? Same question on the squid fishbites- I am thinking if they are close- why spend the big bucks on real bloodworms- nasty things always seem to get at least one bite on my hand sometime during a fishing trip-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

I have used to artifical blood worm. when its fresh they go for it. once it get old, maybe not. Easier than going to get those little creatures.
    Malibu Stealth 14
    Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

According to the PRFC website, it says barbless during the closed season, which I guess is before April 16.

The bloodworm Fishbites are awesome for croaker, spot, and perch. I never fool with the real thing. The water is still a little cool, so you'll need to use the "fast acting" version until the water is around 65-70, or so. After that, you can use the "long lasting" version. I bought some of the squid flavor but haven't used it. The crab flavor works well for adding to Gulp grubs when fishing for flounder and redfish down in VA. I add about 1/4" to the hook after I put the grub on.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Once the water warms up the Fish bytes come out. Cant beat a bait that you can store in a tackle bag for 4 months and still catch fish with. Save your self some time and pre-cut all the strips into sizes you will use.

Comment

i'll take a little bite now and then, live bws beat artificial and ive tested fishbites, gulp bws, excite a bite and natural beat them all.

i do carry fishbites which seem to work better than the other artificial ones as back up when i run out of bws.

Comment

Working...
          X