Fishing At Night With Mounted Waterproof Spot Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing At Night With Mounted Waterproof Spot Light

Fishing after sundown makes me a little nervous, no matter how bright the moon is or how calm the water is. Now that standard time is looming this weekend, has anyone ever experimented with strapping a waterproof spot light near the bow? Something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003UVCY00?vs=1

I even thought of night vision goggles, but they are @ $500. For that kind of money, I'll wait till morning.

I've tried this it was not a good idea kills your night vision you can't see anything beyond the light best to go with a head lamp with red night vision light I would rather be able to see than be seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Donny B.
    OK Big Game Prowler

Comment

I have a head lamp that rivals a stadium light, no kidding. I used it for opening day of trout this past spring and it lit up the whole river. I think it's called LED Lenser. It's awesome and looks like the bat signal at night.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Have not tried fishing at night, not sure if this is something I would try, the boogie man comes out at night.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
          I have a head lamp that rivals a stadium light, no kidding. I used it for opening day of trout this past spring and it lit up the whole river. I think it's called LED Lenser. It's awesome and looks like the bat signal at night.
          I happened to be at my local Target when I read this. They had a Coleman 78 lumens LED headlamp with 5 modes including red for night vision (dah) for 25 clams, so I sprang for it.

If anything else, it's handy around the house when the power goes out, or scrounging around for wood at night for the backyard fire pit, or camping, or whatever.
          Last edited by Fishinfool; 10-16-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
            Have not tried fishing at night, not sure if this is something I would try, the boogie man comes out at night.

lol
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
            X