November meet & greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
    What is the launch like at the site ........ Can you use the HD tires or do you need balloon tires for a heavy yak like a pa ........ I assume there is a beach launch ....... How long is the beach to the water
    I use HD wheels for my Outback. It's about 20-25' of sand from the staging area, parking is 1/4 mile back at the entrance. Don't get too worried about the sand, we will help each other move kayaks through the soft stuff. One person at each end lifting and push/pulling gets it done easy. I can pull my fully rigged Outback with the HD wheels solo, but a second horsepower is always welcome.

You can drive right down next to the sand to unload and rig your kayak. Next weekend we will need to be quick to get unloaded and move vehicles back to the parking area so everyone can unload by the beach. There is plenty of room along the beach to set kayaks after unloading, but the area for cars close to the beach is pretty limited.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Everyone needs to be prepared to relieve their bladder on the water; going from the fishing grounds back to the beach for port-a-potty is a couple miles usually.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Well said,
        Winds for Saturday are predicted from the WSW. Fishing turkey point down to Rhode river should be nice. Chilly but nice
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Doctoring up some jig heads for next weekend, my supply was getting short. Picked up these in 1/2 and 3/4 oz at BPS, raided Cowkid1's nail polish supply (wow that kid has every color in the rainbow!) while she's at work....don't tell her. I tried permanent marker first, but it rubs off as you can see in the picture.

Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Here's a bad video of me trolling BTP and missing the double hoping the birds will be out there for you guys. I may make it out there but it won't be until 1-2pm so will probably miss most of you guys since you will be at lunch and will fish to dusk. As cowpokey did bring heavier jig heads 1/2-3/4 oz and paddletails chartreuse/anything one should work great.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
              Here's a bad video of me trolling BTP and missing the double hoping the birds will be out there for you guys. I may make it out there but it won't be until 1-2pm so will probably miss most of you guys since you will be at lunch and will fish to dusk. As cowpokey did bring heavier jig heads 1/2-3/4 oz and paddletails chartreuse/anything one should work great.
              "Video is Private."

I caught a few fish on 6" chartreuse paddle tail, but the ON was better. They did not restock the shelf at BPS for the 4", apparently they don't carry enough stock for the demand. Pretty ridiculous, since they know it is a popular color right now. Also, the Tsunami jig/tail combos stock was decimated since my post yesterday. We really should make a section of the forum private and only viewable to members so we can share more information with each other and without the power boat people (guests/lurkers) exploiting our forum.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Just showed my wife your video, she was amazed. It doesn't even get the point across to how nuts it was out there.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Almost done.

Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Cowkid2 doing the finishing touches with the black spot for each "eye".

Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

One of the 3/4 oz heads with a 6" tail.

Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

i'm gonna join y'all, i'm a fresh water Bass man, but the way y'all talk about how they fight, i'm gonna give it a try! So if i'm correct, we're meeting at 0700 and fish 1/2 oz to 3/4 oz jig heads with 6" white paddletails?
                        Ryan
                        BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
                        Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

Originally posted by rjte85 View Post
                          i'm gonna join y'all, i'm a fresh water Bass man, but the way y'all talk about how they fight, i'm gonna give it a try! So if i'm correct, we're meeting at 0700 and fish 1/2 oz to 3/4 oz jig heads with 6" white paddletails?
                          Ryan sounds great and a few suggestions dress in layers.. bring spare clothes in a dry bag but most importantly buddy up and stick together. If you have a radio even better. Be safe out there and I am hoping to be out the there later in the day.

Comment

How's everybody expecting the fishing to be this weekend at BTBP with the cooler weather this week? Not really sure if it's bad or good but I know most people are saying the stripers are out of the really shallow water. The Severn bite has slown down a little bit, but there were still some fish as of last weekend.
                            Jackson
                            Jackson Cuda 12
                            Field and Stream SOT
                            "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

Comment

I'm just excited because the wind forecast is the lowest it's been on a weekend for a while...like 5mph Saturday morning. It's just gonna be really cold!

Comment

Not sure if I can make it or not but am going to try.
                                Havent been there before. can someone give me an address to put in for my GPS.
                                Is there room for trailer parking?
                                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
                                X