Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow

Anyone going anywhere salty tomorrow or want to go? i got a CT scan in the morning and then gotta go register the yak and then im off to go fishin... lookin for croaker or anything lol.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

where do you plan on going?

Comment

Originally posted by richardbb85 View Post
      where do you plan on going?
      Im thinking Southside of Solomons island.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Hey Pinch--Do you have access to the Patuxent Naval Base? If so, you could have access to croakers, flounder, and stripers with a much shorter paddle. The Patuxent itself is still closed to striper fishing. If you launch from Solomons, I've found croakers over by Green Holly on the other side of the river and by Sandy Point, which is at the end of Solomons. Sandy Point also holds flounder occasionally. The croakers can be pretty shallow around there sometimes, so you might have to move around to find them. In the summer, I've found croakers in 25ft of water halfway between the Solomons Pier restaurant and the end of the island. I haven't been out there yet, so I don't have any first hand intel, unfortunately.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Grady-black and I will be on the Severn. We are meeting there at 8:30 am

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
            Hey Pinch--Do you have access to the Patuxent Naval Base? If so, you could have access to croakers, flounder, and stripers with a much shorter paddle. The Patuxent itself is still closed to striper fishing. If you launch from Solomons, I've found croakers over by Green Holly on the other side of the river and by Sandy Point, which is at the end of Solomons. Sandy Point also holds flounder occasionally. The croakers can be pretty shallow around there sometimes, so you might have to move around to find them. In the summer, I've found croakers in 25ft of water halfway between the Solomons Pier restaurant and the end of the island. I haven't been out there yet, so I don't have any first hand intel, unfortunately.
            yes i have access, where do i launch?
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I hope this isn't too late. I've only been on base once with surfdog. Unfortunately, I can't remember which gate we went in. I think it was the second gate, opposite Great Mills Road. We had to cross a plane taxi area. Follow Cedar Point Road on Google Earth. We were fishing around Hog Point. There were trees on the left and signs for recreation areas before the road turns to the right and runs along the Bay. That area has riprap, which would be a pain to get your yak over, but that area has croakers, flounder, and stripers. The croakers and flounder are near the 3-legged marker, and I've seen striper marks there, too, sometimes. There's a sandy beach area around Cedar Point that might be a good spot to launch in terms of launching ease and proximity to fishing areas, though the current is crazy at the Cedar Point Rips. There's a little creek south of the big marina on Johns Road. The mouth of that creek holds stripers in the evenings.

Anyway, I hope that helps somewhat. Good luck.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Where on the Severn?

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                Grady-black and I will be on the Severn. We are meeting there at 8:30 am
                Might be able to hookup with you. Can you give me directions or GPS coordinates, something I can Google?

Also, I have to trailer my new boat. Is there parking that can accomodate me?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BadAssBass View Post
                  Might be able to hookup with you. Can you give me directions or GPS coordinates, something I can Google?

Also, I have to trailer my new boat. Is there parking that can accomodate me?

Thanks.
                  Sorry BadAssBass just seeing your post. We launched from Jonas Green yesterday morning. Caught WP, Pickeral, and a suprise Bluegill!
                  GB

Comment

Sawrite...

....good fishing. I couldn't trailer in my PA anyway. Good thing I held onto my Ride135.

Comment

Working...
                    X