Fort Washington 10/25/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Washington 10/25/14

1.8 miles from Farmington Landing to the Potomac proper. I stop near the lighthouse. The cats like to roll and play in the little cove area. Most boats come through fairly slow, or far enough away to not be a bother. Lots of debris collects in the area. Not a problem for me, but I'm sure it isnt friendly to props. Felt so much longer coming back with my new friends in tow. Sonny's stink bait was their preference. Only 2 hits on the blue gill.
    Attached Files
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

that is a lot of meat there bro!! good job!! had to be fun pullin them to the yak!!

Comment

Mutual pullage
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Nice. I can see how towing those would slow you down a bit. Someone should invent a way to entice fish to tow you in the direction you want at the end of the day. You certainly had enough for a sleigh ride there.
        Mike

Comment

+1 on the sleigh ride... Deliver gifts in Dec to the shore homes with that group!!

Comment

The trip back took longer. About every 5 minutes, they would manage to collectively pull the kayak sideways. I would apply full right rudder and have to paddle a few strokes to keep it from turning sideways.
            Attached Files
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

Nice work on the cats.. stinkbait huh.. do you use the treble hook thingy for that?

Comment

I use Furry Thang circle hooks. I used trebles once, after the third fish had completely swallowed them I switched to single hooks. Size 5 I believe. 30lb line with 60lb leader. The stuff stinks, but it works. I drop the hook with the wire looper rig into the jar, then use a Popsicle stick to cover it. I put the stick in a baggy so it doesn't get everywhere. It is a bit of a pain, but in the fall and winter, it produces.
                Hobie Outback
                Stand Up Paddle Board
                Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
                X