New guy - Chesapeake Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy - Chesapeake Bay

Hi, my name's Rich and I'm new to the Chesapeake Bay area. I got my kayak about a month ago and I'm trying to learn these waters. I've been out a few weekends, but so far haven't had luck catching anything. I ran into 2 other kayakers around Whitehall Creek/Bay today, one of them recommended this site to me. I'm coming from Laurel so I tend to try to fish from Sandy Point State Park down to around Thomas Point Park, just to keep my commute time under an hour each way. I currently have a pea green Mojo Angler kayak, non-motorize at the moment, but i'll be changing that soon enough. Anyway, just thought I'd stop by and say hello. I go out on weekends so if anyone in the area wants someone to fish with let me know.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
      Hi, my name's Rich and I'm new to the Chesapeake Bay area. I got my kayak about a month ago and I'm trying to learn these waters. I've been out a few weekends, but so far haven't had luck catching anything. I ran into 2 other kayakers around Whitehall Creek/Bay today, one of them recommended this site to me. I'm coming from Laurel so I tend to try to fish from Sandy Point State Park down to around Thomas Point Park, just to keep my commute time under an hour each way. I currently have a pea green Mojo Angler kayak, non-motorize at the moment, but i'll be changing that soon enough. Anyway, just thought I'd stop by and say hello. I go out on weekends so if anyone in the area wants someone to fish with let me know.
      Welcome. I am one of the kayakers that you met today. I am glad that you found the site. I was in the Orange Tarpon. Fishing was slow today for me. It will get better as the summer approaches and the water warms up.

Comment

hey

Originally posted by frettr00 View Post
        hey, i was the guy in the tan torque. I live in columbia so you're right up the street. welcome to the site.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for recommending this. I'm already finding some good advice in the posts. I'll be out again tomorrow as long as the weather isn't too crazy. They're saying chance of thunderstorms, 1 ft seas, but it looks like most of the rain is hitting now.. I'll be in the Fishing Creek area, around Thomas Point Park trying for Croaker again. I'm adding some shrimp bait to my arsenal this time in addition to the Fishbite bloodworms, see what works best.
          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Welcome ..........

Comment

Welcome...thanks for joining!
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

welcome

Comment

Working...
                X