Spsp 5-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spsp 5-16

Hey Im heading out in the morning, 30% chance of showers until the afternoon with a nnw wind at 5kt and 1ft waves fishing the outgoing tide in the morning trolling heavy and if that doesnt work in 3 hours ill soak some bait. Anyone interested? 6am
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Leaving right now...slept in a bit. Goal is to troll from SPSP south of the bridge ill post up later and hopefully the 16gb SD card in the camera isnt full in 45 minutes.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Dear God

SKUNK...1st time...it sucks...

I trolled 2/4oz chartruse tandem:

and a 8oz umbrella with 9'' white shad: (horrible picture but you get the idea)

ran the umbrella at 25' and the tandem at 15-20' depending on how fast i was going.

Trolled from 730- 1200 NOTHING. heres where i trolled (not completely acurate but i went from the eastside of the bridge to pretty close to the west side and from the 3 towers at the mouth of the severn to the light house just northeast of SPSP)

And still had Battery left.
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

sweet thanks for the report....i like the map of your route...lol
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

lol yea, took FORever to....um...draw it..lol
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I have no idea really where to troll by the baybridge so i was kinda winging it
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Gotta love the Torque!! you're puttin that thing to good use!
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                I have no idea really where to troll by the baybridge so i was kinda winging it
                ive had some good luck the past 2 years trolling underneath near the pilons of the bb. went out a couple times this year but got skunked! the light house is good for livelining, i dont like trolling there cause the water is really shallow and i always end up losing my gear.
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

ive heard reports of nice fish being caught in the mouth of the magothy r. most charter capts. troll east west across the channel. try slowing to 2.5 mph that might improve hookups

Comment

has the water cleared up at all around the bridge?
                    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Water hasn't cleared around the bridge its murky. I was trolling from 1.9kts to 2.5kts
                      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Sorry to hear about the skunk. I like that fish-eye effect on the first pic.
                        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I usually troll about about 3 mph. You can't give them a good look. It has to be a reaction strike. Try keeping along the edges of the channel. That is the one advantage of the newer GPS models. They have better maps and show the bottom contours for trolling. Even though I know most of the areas that I fish, a new GPS combo seems to be in the future for me.

Comment

Trolling

Fresh water fish mostly trying to break into the salt can you troll without a motor ?
                            Bad day fishing is better than a good day at work .

Comment

Definitely. Until recently, trolling was how I caught most of my fish. It works pretty well in freshwater, too.
                              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
                              X