New tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tackle

Saw these at BPS today, pretty interesting concept. I don't know how good a fish's eyesight is, but these sure look perdy to this fisherman. I didn't buy any, they are $15.99 each.

http://www.livetargetlures.com
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

sad fact that fish don't buy tackle.. fishermen do. So lures have to attract fishermen and not fish.
    I always felt that fish sight is poor and a lot of what we stress over is not important. I think that aggressive fish see something.. like the shape, like the color, like the movement and hit it.

ON the other hand Your Alabama rig is impressive in it's results. This thing might actually do well, along the same idea as that.

In the end I have no idea what I am talking about.
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

I bought the same lure a year ago and have not had a lot of luck with it. It dive bombs to the bottom and gets caught on everything. Plus, it is not so much fun to fish with. I took the hooks off and use it to play with my cats.
      Last edited by Pc4sun; 11-10-2014, 01:19 PM.
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
        I took the hooks off and us it to play with my cats.
        Ah, yes, good old indoor "cat fishing". Great cold weather activity!
        My 12 pound orange tabby puts up a helluva fight on an ultra light, but it is catch and release only!

Comment

Originally posted by bignose View Post
          my 12 pound orange tabby puts up a helluva fight on an ultra light, but it is catch and release only!
          lol!!!!!
          Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
          Cobra Explorer

Comment

Live Target makes great looking lures for anglers.
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

My 12 pound orange tabby puts up a helluva fight on an ultra light, but it is catch and release only!
              LOL!!! I do the same thing! But mine puts a serious fight at 15lbs! That's how my boys learned how to cast! Our cat is an awesome teaching partner!
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

We don't have a cat, my wife is allergic, she loves them but breaks out in hives pretty quick. Lucky for me, I like cats but would never have one in the house.

At any rate, I would get one of these for indoor cat fishing. Orvis Practicaster:

Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                  Live Target makes great looking lures for anglers.
                  They sure are pretty. I really believe fish care more about size, color and action more than anything else. When I open my eyes underwater, it's blurry, I can tell how big something is, I can tell what color it is and if it's moving I can see the action. I doubt fish see much better than people with the nekid eye underwater.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                  X