OC Fishing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Fishing...

Im going to be down in OC this weekend, ive never really fished OC besides Assateague, where should I go and what type of bait should I use?

Im actually going to be camping so ill be next to the rt 50 bridge, anyone have any luck there? Im debating if i should bring the kayak or not. Ill probably just try to fish from shore.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

fish the inlet at nite for stripers using bkds on jig heads or bucktails. day time fish the inlet or bulk head on 3rd st for tog using crab (mole,blue or green). surf fish dawn and dusk cut herring or bunker (fresh) or surf clams for stripers. Matt (sandflea) did pretty well at AI last weekend, big stripers some over 40" from the surf. heading down on the 26th. fish till you drop then fish some more

Comment

Good advice from Surfdog on stripers and tog. Bring a lot of tackle if you try 3rd st. for tog. Lots of rocks there. Flounder will be anywhere from the Rt. 90 bridge to behind Assateague. I always fish around Rt.50. In fact, my profile picture is about 100 yds south of the bridge last May 21. Drift from the Thorofare to the inlet using either squid/shiner combos or live minnows on Flounder rigs. My first trip of the summer will be June 2-5. Good luck.

Comment

a tip for 3rd street, only cast 20-25 yds the bottom drops and the current pulls you into the drop and its a snag every time

Comment

ok...thanks for the info guys
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I'm in OC all summer, shoot me a text if you bring the yak and wanna go.. I work till 5 Saturday and Sunday, but could get off early Sunday. I'll pm my number or if you have the name card still its on there.

Comment

Working...
            X