Water proof gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water proof gloves

What kinda of water proof gloves does every one that has paddle kayak use to get dry

Paddle a kayak? Who does that?
    I use these and they have worked out well so far, but I don't think they're waterproof, more like water resistant:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

sealskinz
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I know it sounds silly but I use fingerless gloves for warmth and if I want to keep the water off I use $2 dishwashing gloves underneath them. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002X...=AC_SY200_QL40

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

I purchased a pair of sealskins and used them once, my hand were wet and cold all day. they went back to Amazon after drying. I really like the fit though. but they are not dry. Never thought about the dishwashing gloves. I purchased a pair of NRS Mavericks, a little tricky to get on and off, but hands stayed dry and warm.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

mine keep my hands dry. There are a lot of non-authentic sealskinz gloves for sale on Amazon. Make sure to get the real deal, they will keep your hands dry
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks Ryan, went to the Sealskins site and there is nothing on the site that resembles what they are selling on Amazon. I am glad amazon has a great return policy. I cant believe how many knock offs there are, not sure how they can get away with that.
              Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
                Paddle a kayak? Who does that?
                I use these and they have worked out well so far, but I don't think they're waterproof, more like water resistant:
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                Ok, so karma is a bitch. My battery died about a mile from launch today and guess who paddled all the way back in. I can definitely vouch for the fact my gloves are not water proof.

Comment

I got some sealskins last year and while they are waterproof, the outer fabric does get wet and as a result they can be very cold to wear. I have since switched to glacier bay gloves from BPS. The have neoprene outer and a fleece inner lining. Very warm
                  John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
                  Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
                    I got some sealskins last year and while they are waterproof, the outer fabric does get wet and as a result they can be very cold to wear. I have since switched to glacier bay gloves from BPS. The have neoprene outer and a fleece inner lining. Very warm
                    I saw those after I bought the BPS brand neoprene gloves. The BPS ones did keep my hands warm yesterday though, even with the slits on each index finger and thumb. While some water did get inside, it wasn't very much and my hands stayed warm. I think I'll get the Glacier Gloves for colder weather fishing, the fleece lining should be really comfortable in cold conditions.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

They are pretty warm. Only problem is there is no gasket at the wrist to keep water from pouring in if you fully submerse. Even when wet though the reflect your body heat back and keep you pretty warm. Just what a cold potato like me needs.
                      John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
                      Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I have an over seal for the cuffs of my dry suit. It won't keep all the water out, but it will minimize it.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

I had used sealskins. I stopped using them immediately because My hands were freezing below 32 F Air temp. Once the gloves were punctured by stripers and hooks, they were done. I had hard time to dry the gloves.

After went through some more gloves I use Glacier Bay Ice Bay gloves only. These aren't regular wetsuit gloves. They keep my hands warm even after dunked in 34 F water and below 35F air temp. There are many holes on them by hooks and fish fins. So my gloves are always wet. because i put my hands in the water to rinse of fish slime. Though I am fine in 27 F air temp and wind at 15mph. I can do the most of fishing activities, except making fishing knots. So I use swivels to connect lures or rig.

Joe
                          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Nearly all my wintertime kayak fishing is casting an ultralight rod for pickerel. I need to have sensitivity in my fingers to feel the subtle bite. As a result I do not wear gloves while casting or moving short distances. On really cold days, I wear gloves to pedal or paddle from the launch to my fishing holes and between different tidal creeks and ponds. Three years ago I purchased the NRS Maverick glove with Hydrocuff. I like them a lot. See http://www.nrs.com/product/2454/nrs-...with-hydrocuff for more information.
                            John Veil
                            Annapolis
                            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I have the NRS Maverick with Hydrocuff as well. I even use them at the beach surf fishing in colder weather. Great gloves.
                              Freddie T

Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                              X