Cooking & Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking & Recipes

Since we don't have a section for this, I'm just going to start a thread.

My wife (aka Cowgirl) made some Korean Fish Pancakes a few minutes ago, and they are delicious.

Diced up two rock fish (four fillets), and added 4 eggs, 4 cloves of crushed fresh garlic, 10 stalks of green onion, one big carrot. Mix in a bowl and pan fry in canola oil.

They are good hot or cold. I might have some cold to take fishing tomorrow...if we don't eat them all today. That's a big IF...they will likely be gone when the kids see them, and they have friends over. I guess sandwiches will have to do.

Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Cooking & Recipes

Cowgirl making Kimbap. Kim (dried seaweed paper, bap is rice), sticky rice, spam, carrot, O-dang (the brown strips, it's fish), pickled radish (yellow, turnip?).

Spread sicky rice add meat and vegetables, roll, repeat. These won't be cut in slices, but they could be.

Since these were made with store-bought ingredients, it is appropriate for Snaggedline since she used a Hobie cutting board...I didn't even notice that until after I posted the pictures. LOL

Last edited by Cowpokey; 11-14-2014, 04:48 PM.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

looks very good!! next rock i'm doin the pancakes!! they look delicious!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
        looks very good!! next rock i'm doin the pancakes!! they look delicious!!!
        They are really good!
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

I love your wife's recipes. Thanks so much for starting this thread. The recipes our fellow Snaggedline members send far outweight a $50 cookbook.
          Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
          Cobra Explorer

Comment

Cooking & Recipes

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
            I love your wife's recipes. Thanks so much for starting this thread. The recipes our fellow Snaggedline members send far outweight a $50 cookbook.
            Everyone wonders how I stay skinny. Having the metabolism of a hummingbird helps.

Eight of them survived! Will be taking them fishing tomorrow. They are SOOOOO good.

Last edited by Cowpokey; 11-14-2014, 08:15 PM.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Good looking food there Cowpokey!! I just got all the ingredients in to start making sushi again. Somehow, the sushi making supplies got lost and I've been dying to get back to it. I'm going to teach my 14 year old son how to do it. His favorite food is sushi and he's always willing to jump in and help.

Dammit, now I'm hungry...again.

Comment

FYI, I know it has come up before about what kind of sandwiches my wife makes me when I go fishing. She puts Marzetti Ranch Veggie Dip on the bread in place of mayonnaise when she makes smoked turkey and Velveeta on white or wheat bread. Doesn't sound like much, but give it a try and your sandwiches will never be the same.

http://www.marzetti.com/products/pro...nch-veggie-dip

Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by JKay View Post
                  Good looking food there Cowpokey!! I just got all the ingredients in to start making sushi again. Somehow, the sushi making supplies got lost and I've been dying to get back to it. I'm going to teach my 14 year old son how to do it. His favorite food is sushi and he's always willing to jump in and help.

Dammit, now I'm hungry...again.
                  The kimbap is really close to what "we" (Americans) call sushi, or California Rolls, but they don't have raw fish in them.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Man of action Carter!
                    Will be adding some recipes to support the thread.
                    -Mustafa
                    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

OK...here we go. These are not your traditional grilled fish tacos, but fried instead. I use striper as the fish. The chipotle chili powder is absolutely key to the sauce recipe. If you can't find it in the stores, you can order it online through The Spice House. Throw it in your cart while you're ordering Tellicherry peppercorns and a good grinder. roflmao.gif

Fish Tacos

1 cup all-purpose flour
                      2 tablespoons cornstarch
                      1 teaspoon baking powder
                      1/2 teaspoon salt
                      1 egg
                      1 cup beer
                      1 quart oil for frying
                      1 pound cod fillets, cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions
                      1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
                      1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded

To make beer batter: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Blend egg and beer, then quickly stir into the flour mixture (don't worry about a few lumps).

Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp.

Sauce

1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
                      1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
                      1 lime, cut in half
                      1/2 teaspoon cumin
                      1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
                      1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
                      1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
                      1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
                      1/2 teaspoon capers, minced
                      1 hot pepper of your choice, seeded and minced
                      1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped

In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream and mayonnaise until well blended. Squeeze the juice from one lime half into the fish taco sauce mixture, then whisk thoroughly. You’ll want the consistency of a pourable, creamy salad dressing. If still too thick, add more lime juice from the other half. If too runny, add sour cream. Add all of the spices, whisking to mix thoroughly. Add the capers, minced pepper and cilantro, and whisk thoroughly.

Cover the bowl with wrap and refrigerate the fish taco for at least one hour — the longer the better.

Serve chilled. Spoon white sauce over fish tacos, or add into taco salads or rice bowls.
                      Last edited by JKay; 11-15-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Oh dear! How do they taste! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by dildaven View Post
                          Oh dear! How do they taste! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
                          They taste great! The white sauce really makes the dish.

Comment

Working...
                          X