Honga River Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honga River Bridge

photo.jpgGood fishing today, was in the water at 11am,needed to let the wind drop. Was blowing 10 to 15 knots out of NW but laid down nicely by early afternoon. water temp 47 degrees F (cold !).Caught four stripers 18 to 21 inches jigging with 4 inch chartreuse bass assassin on 1/2 oz lead and two more trolling 4 inch green glitter paddle tale on 3/4 oz lead. water was quite clear considering am winds. All fish caught close to bridge pilings. Love fishing that bridge.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LenFewster; 11-16-2014, 02:37 PM.

I don't know where the Honga River Bridge is, but we fished the Honga river today with success also.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice fish Len, getting in some practice for the Jamboree!?
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Go past black water down to Goodies Marine and make a right, follow to second large bridge. before going over bridge there is a break in the guardrail on left which provides parking and a nice beach to launch from. Just watch the sea glass on the beach. For some reason their is a lot of glass and people go their to find it in the sand. Its very old and not sharp. Where did you guys launch, did you go over that Bridge? I saw your photos and it looks like you guys went left at goodies, maybe to Stines marina?

Comment

Don't know if I should go next year, the chances of pulling that off again are pretty slim !

Comment

Originally posted by LenFewster View Post
            Go past black water down to Goodies Marine and make a right, follow to second large bridge. before going over bridge there is a break in the guardrail on left which provides parking and a nice beach to launch from. Just watch the sea glass on the beach. For some reason their is a lot of glass and people go their to find it in the sand. Its very old and not sharp. Where did you guys launch, did you go over that Bridge? I saw your photos and it looks like you guys went left at goodies, maybe to Stines marina?
            We wanted to fish that bridge yesterday, thought the wind would be uncooperative.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

It was fishable after 11 am

Comment

Great report. Glad some people are catching fish down there! I made the trip last weekend and I was marking a ton around the lower island. For whatever reason I got skunked. Next time I suppose.
                -Jon
                Revo 13

Comment

Nice job catching @ the big bridge. I often fish under the bridge from the southern side, sometimes catching but twice since sept being skunked there. But the kayak can put u in the middle where i hooked a big ray in the summer. It pulled me against the tide bigtime. That water can really rip thru there when the tide is running.

Comment

Forgot to add...

I fish there under the bridge when the wind/waves are too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X