Bolt Thrower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt Thrower

Has anyone used this spinner bait. It is specifically made for heavy saltwater use.
    http://www.kayakfishmag.com/gear/bol...r-spinnerbait/

Harry,

That's a nice looking lure.

I've never used one.

I don't have a problem with my safety-pin spinners from seizing up as the article said but they do tarnish after use in brackish water. I'm not sure that matters because the pulse they emanate is probably an attractor.

But those Bolt Throwers look very effective.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mark, I did have several of my stump jumpers rust this season so I thought these might be worth a try. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Thank you, Harry.

The same holiday wishes to you and all Snaggedline members.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Those look sweet! I might see if Santa will stick 1 or 2 in my bag. LOL I always thought of using Spinners in the bay, but just never got around to it. I have had my little perch spinners rust on me. That was also do to negligent care aka Rinsing right after fishing. I think up our way, in the bay, we can get away with a lot more fresh gear than if we were in "Real Salt" as I like to call it. LOL

Comment

Hah, I thought this thread would be about the awful 80's metal band of the same name:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3uSM-ihNGHs

In any case, I really enjoy fishing with spinners so that is for the link. About how fast would a 1/2oz spinner sink to depth? I am only used to using 1/8-3/8oz ones and with them I am usually casting to shore and reeling back into deeper water so I have never really given much thought to sink time.
            Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
            Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I love it...except the $10 price tag. That could get expensive! I think I'd add a BA or shad body just for good measure.
              LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
              Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
              X