Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-fishing sub forum?

Grilled,
    Have you thought about having a non-fishing topic sub forum?
    I think our members have been behaving well and will.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

We've been asking for a culinary section, but haven't heard anything from dear leader(s).
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

All Right, Cow Pokieeeeeeeee,
      Let's negotiate. I will give you 10% for the culinary section. And I will take 10% for trips. And zero political comments without great humors. We will give Grilled and Redfish12 the remaining 80%.
      I believe our members are mature adults - I can tell by our fishing reports comparing with other old and dying forums.

Deal?

Joe
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

I think you guys may have a point. Seems like a lot of other topics (e.g., recipes, trip planning, park access) get posted in the main, but a lot of those topics get bumped down or buried in the main forum quickly because of new postings. So you end up missing them. Here's some suggestions:

- Fishing trip planning (hey, anyone going here, or there?); not fishing reports
        - Food, recipes
        - Park, launch, or related areas
        - Safety gear, techniques, methods
        - Acronyms
        - How to post in the right forum
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

What about posts that aren't fishing/kayak related? We'd get to know each other better on a personal level.

Many forums have off-topic chatter areas.
          Laura (aka zeebyrd)
          Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

I'll talk to grilled about it guys!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

That's a good one, zeebyrd.

Mike,
              Good time to say this. Been on the forum for years, and I must say, the upkeep of this forum is pretty good. So, many thanks to Grilled, and I think Jet too, for their time spent on forum maintenance. I really enjoy what you guys have done.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thank those guys, they do all the work!
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I think there will be additional cost for a new sub forum for more users, more space, more network bandwidth as the web site grows.
                  If needed, let members know if members can help.

Joe

Comment

I like this site because it is focused on fishing, people have local knowledge and post local fishing reports, and people are nice to each other. Having an off-topic section will end up bringing out the worst in people. I think we've all seen it on other website forums we visit.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
                      I like this site because it is focused on fishing, people have local knowledge and post local fishing reports, and people are nice to each other. Having an off-topic section will end up bringing out the worst in people. I think we've all seen it on other website forums we visit.
                      I agree, keep it focused with no room for hard feelings. The off topic forums of most sites end up pretty ugly.

Do like the idea mentioned above about maybe a trip planning section. Would be nice to be able to browse in one area as to who is getting out and where.

Comment

Please denote the logo at the top of this page. kayak fishing. there is already another area on this site called General, It does not get used that much, maybe place a couple Stickys in that area to keep the none kayak fishing related topics on top of the page.
                        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                          I'll talk to grilled about it guys!
                          Thanks Mike... they all had some good ideas. I also remember that some have asked for a female kayaker section also.

Comment

Female kayaker section... I will certainly read and write if allowed. I think I will learn something I never thought about.

Anyway, I firmly believe that our members are mature, and I believe our members as I believe myself.

Here is an example of what I will put if there is a new non-fishing sub forum - My cooking bloopers, kind of:

I am practicing the Christmas main meal. I am not a good cook. I have been banned from cooking meat. As a matter of fact, I never made medium rare my family wanted. It turned out well done or at best medium. So, I am practicing "Roast Beef Tenderloin" away before Christmas.
                            Yesterday, once I started, I found that I left the recipes at work. Though I was confident. I thought I memorized everything.

1.75 LB beef tenderloin
                            Beef bouillon cubes
                            minced garlic
                            Dijon mustard
                            Tomato paste
                            ground black pepper
                            Worcestershire sauce
                            unsalted butter
                            red wine - I for got to use
                            dry sherry
                            chicken broth
                            cornstarch mixed with cold water <- I forgot to use

It was tasty but the meat was over-cooked again.

It supposed to be Orecchiette with mushrooms, mascarpone. I couldn't find orecchiette and mascarpone sauce I bought on the way home yesterday. (I found a grocery bag under a seat this morning). So I used rotini. I thought milk can be substitute for mascarpone sauce. So I poured the milk. The milk was clear and cottage cheese came out from the jug. So I started over.

Anyway it became "Rotini with Mushroom without Mascarpone"

50g butter
                            400g mixed mushrooms
                            3 tbsp mascarpone - not added because I couldn't find it
                            400g Rotini pasta
                            A handful of chopped fresh parsley
                            A squeeze of lemon juice

It wasn't that bad. I could still eat it:

Joe
                            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 12-05-2014, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                              Thank those guys, they do all the work!
                              +5

Comment

Working...
                              X