Kayak Fishing the Chesapeake; A Video Recap of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Fishing the Chesapeake; A Video Recap of 2014

I was able to fish a decent amount this year and shot lots of video. I finally got around to putting a compilation together of just some of the many catches without making it too long. Hope you guys enjoy it, and let me know what you think!

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...-recap-of.html
    Shane
    Hobie Outback

Cool video.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice work! Good compilation!

Comment

Great Video Shane!!....BTW your Calcutta seen a lot of fish this season, loving the reel.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice job, that Speck didn't want to give up!
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Jeremy- Glad the Calcutta is treating you well! I would have loved to keep it if it was left handed.

Ryan- Yea man, that thing was giving me a heart attack the whole fight.
            Shane
            Hobie Outback

Comment

Shane - You did indeed have a good year. You left out your other great catch (your new wife).
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Great work on the video! It has me wishing I had a video camera. What do you use?
                Brian

Comment

Great video Shane! Your facial expressions with that big trout are priceless! LOL

Kayak videos have come a long way since I first learned of them over two years ago. They were the reason I had to get a kayak. If these types of videos were common then I would have bought a kayak the next day!

Again nice work bro!
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

sweet video
                    2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

John- Haha, yes my new wife was my best catch of the year! I think I got a keeper because I got to fish on my wedding day too.

Bob- I currently use a GoPro Hero 2. They've come out with new, better models from GoPro as they are on the Hero 4 now. The Hero 2 works for me so no need to drop cash on another one yet!

Mustafa- Yea my expressions were definitely candid haha. A little embarrassing but I was super pumped to get that winning trout in the yak! Glad you enjoyed it!
                      Shane
                      Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice work, great video, thanks for posting it.

Comment

Working...
                        X