Jeff Little's latest video is up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Little's latest video is up...

It's free on his site for 24 hours like the last video we did....so get it while it's hot. This video is the two of us hitting the schools of fall stripers. It was a great day fishing, and was a place I'd never fished before.

Enjoy guys!

https://embed.pivotshare.com/?media_...on=buy#/splash

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Nice video. Pretty soon I think we will see a video of fish just giving up and jumping right into your yaks.
    Mike

Comment

Great little video, looks like you guys were really on some fish. I asked for your book for Christmas and I am banking on the fact that my mother got it for me(fingers crossed). I should find out tomorrow, either way I will end up getting the book and hopefully will pick up some good tips and tactics to use in 2015!. Its killing me to get out on the water. I have been rigging up my new Cuda12 in preparation. Looking forward to future videos. Quick question Alan, what depth are you trolling in and what depth approx. is your rig at?

Comment

Originally posted by dtandrade View Post
        Great little video, looks like you guys were really on some fish. I asked for your book for Christmas and I am banking on the fact that my mother got it for me(fingers crossed). I should find out tomorrow, either way I will end up getting the book and hopefully will pick up some good tips and tactics to use in 2015!. Its killing me to get out on the water. I have been rigging up my new Cuda12 in preparation. Looking forward to future videos. Quick question Alan, what depth are you trolling in and what depth approx. is your rig at?
        I was running two rigs. One I ran at 25' back with was at a depth of about 12'. The second rig I ran at 75' back which runs about 20-25', so I covered the swath of water column where we marked fish. We fished from 15'-30' or so. Early in the morning the fish pushed up the baitfish to a shallower flat. Later the birds dissappeared and the fish went deeper. The deep rig consistently caught bigger fish while the shallower one caught more. Almost everything was a fat 20" fish and we were out there 2 months ago for that video. I hope that helps you out.

Thanks for the interest in the book....let me know what ya think!

Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

I am sure I will, thanks for the info. I am trying to fine tune my deeper trolling as I mostly trolled in 15ft or less the last 2 years but I want to go deeper to try and catch some bigger fish hopefully. I guess trial and error will be the best way to figure out what works. I usually will troll either a single 1oz bucktail with 4" shad or a tandem 1oz and 1/2 oz bucktail. I just dont think they are getting down deep enough.

Comment

Originally posted by dtandrade View Post
            I am sure I will, thanks for the info. I am trying to fine tune my deeper trolling as I mostly trolled in 15ft or less the last 2 years but I want to go deeper to try and catch some bigger fish hopefully. I guess trial and error will be the best way to figure out what works. I usually will troll either a single 1oz bucktail with 4" shad or a tandem 1oz and 1/2 oz bucktail. I just dont think they are getting down deep enough.
            It's very important to know where your lures are running. That's a big part of the art and skill of it. Otherwise you may as well be fumbling in the dark. For this reason I really like plugs because they reliable dive to predictable depths. For my Chesapeake Rigs, I always run them on rods with line counters...super important.

Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Was a great video. Thanks for sharing.
              Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
              Tarpon 120
              Ascend D10T

Personal bests
              25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
              http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
              Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Happy to report that I got the book!.

Comment

Ive read good reviews about your book. Cannot wait to receive thru mail.

Comment

Working...
                  X